LegacyGT.com

Motorized LCD in Cubby (video-quicktime)

SpawnGT

lol finally i get approval lol.

Well i ordered the pyle half din motorized LCD which was about 350. big price, but i was trying to be different from others. So what i did was take out the entire cubby, and removed the door, then i cut off the hinges, and sanded/grinded down the entire inside of the door, and had to tape down that little silver line on the door. then i went to home depot for some general hinges, smallest ones available, the silver makes it match up with the different silver accents all around. Then i glued the hinges to both the door and the top of the big bezel that has the lcd in there. I cut out of everything inside the cubby hole, and the hinges to the lcd were smashed by a hammer to be flattened out, and i scrweed the lcd to the vents of the AC piping in the the cubby. then i wired the lcd to my HU via the jazzy, and i have an opid video wire running to the input on the lcd, and the ipod video is the only video i need in my car.

no joke, that is AWESOME!!!!!
"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

Nice!

:)

Oh, and I absolutely approve of your selection of TV shows. :lol:

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Sorry for the bad quality pics, thats asa best ass my camera does. the second to last pic is a switch which authomaticlally puts the LCD into AV3, and enables the rear view camera(last pic).

Then the video is one more of it opening up and and closing, except for that the video thats playing is the rearview...its really dark...sorry.

install took me about 4 days....i had school every morning, and everyday i would come home and try to cut abit more of the cubby and then i just ended up doing this as a final resort to keep that door

• 9 months later...

Archived