LegacyGT.com

The Monthly Subaru Sales Thread : July 2006

gfxdave99

Subaru of America 2006 Sales Soar to Best July in Company History

Subaru of America 2006 Sales Soar to Best July in Company History

- Sales of Subaru Impreza and Legacy 2.5i models lead company to a three percent increase year-to-date in total sales -

CHERRY HILL, N.J., Aug. 1 -- Subaru of America, Inc. sales soared in July posting its best July in company history, with sales totaling 18,923 units, up five percent for the month compared with the same period last year. Both the Subaru Impreza and Legacy posted double-digit gains, while total sales for the brand are up three percent year-to-date from the previous year.

"I would like to thank our outstanding Subaru retailers for their efforts in achieving yet another all-time sales month for Subaru," said Tim Colbeck, vice president of sales, Subaru of America, Inc. "July results showed continued strength in our fuel-efficient 2.5i Subaru Impreza and Legacy models, while the Subaru Outback, Forester and B9 Tribeca crossover vehicles are succeeding as alternatives to traditional SUVs."

The Subaru Legacy posted very strong results up 11 percent with 8,301 units in July, fueled by Subaru Outback sales of 5,974 units for the month. Subaru Forester recorded 4,492 units, while Baja posted 496 units in July. Subaru Impreza continues its incredible sales year posting a record 21 percent increase over the previous July, totaling 4,014 units. Subaru B9 Tribeca also posted a strong 1,620 units for the month.

"The Subaru line-up is well positioned in the current marketplace," said Mr. Colbeck. "What makes Subaru such a compelling choice is its combination of strong fuel economy, exhilarating driving performance and go-anywhere capability coupled with the industry-leading active and passive safety that comes standard with our Subaru Symmetrical All-Wheel Drive."

For a complete sales chart and additional information about Subaru of America, Inc. and Subaru vehicles, visit our media website at Subaru Media Center.

About Subaru of America, Inc.

Subaru of America, Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Fuji Heavy Industries Ltd. of Japan. Headquartered in Cherry Hill, N.J., the company markets and distributes Subaru Symmetrical All-Wheel Drive vehicles, parts and accessories through a network of nearly 600 dealers across the United States. Subaru makes the best-selling All-Wheel Drive car sold in America based on R.L. Polk & Co. new vehicle retail registration statistics calendar year-end 2005. For additional information visit Subaru.com Homepage.

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

"What makes Subaru such a compelling choice is its combination of strong fuel economy, exhilarating driving performance and go-anywhere capability coupled with the industry-leading active and passive safety that comes standard with our Subaru Symmetrical All-Wheel Drive."

Well, he's almost right there. Everything except for the "strong fuel economy" :lol:

Well, he's almost right there. Everything except for the "strong fuel economy" :lol:

Well i think he was mainly refering to the 2.5i's whch are 22/23 city 29/30 highway which is pretty damn good.

I mean if i wasnt a power junkie the 2.5i is nice car.

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

My wife constantly gets 29-30mpg on back roads, back and forth to work and around town in our 2.5i Ltd.(no highway).

She does drive like a grandma but I'm liking the 2.5i more and more as I get 18 mpg in my GT.:(

IMHO the 2.5i Legacy Ltd or SE is a bargain:icon_wink

Good for Subaru. I am glad they are seeing good sales. I don't like that the domestics are losing big time, but it is interesting that the Japanese/Koreans are going gang-busters, and Toyota outpaced Ford and Daimler/Chrysler.

It does go to show what good products will do, even from Subaru, which is a comparitively tiny company. I hope this emboldens them to play it a bit less safe, and take some more chances with their product planning and marketing strategies. I think it could do well for them.

I have a 2.5i Ltd. sedan and get around 26-27mpg on 80%hwy driving. Not too impressive as compared to the hondas and toyotas out there. But what the heck its AWD and fun to drive nonetheless.

I see a lot of outback 2.5s lately. Also Outback XTs. I believe a lot of ppl are taking advantage of the recent model year clearance deals. Dont see many 06 imprezas.

I dont understand why they did not offer any deals on the imprezas. even $1000 rebate would have increased the impreza sales significantly.

IMO 26-27 MPG is impressive. Don't forget that at 2.5 liters this is one of the bigger 4 cyl engines out there :)

EPA wise, the 2.5i is rated for 29-30 MPG highway.

The 2.5 Altima is rated at 29-31 MPG, and I think just about everybody could agree that Nissan makes a very good engine.

Congrats to Subaru for it's excelent month. Seems July is the month of the Japanese, for the first time ever Toyota sold more cars in the USA then Ford.

I have a 2.5i Ltd. sedan and get around 26-27mpg on 80%hwy driving.

Then youre not doing something right. If I can acheieve 32 MPG all hwy with my 7 year old EJ25, I would think you could get at least 29 to 30 avg. All depends on conditions though.

Then youre not doing something right. If I can acheieve 32 MPG all hwy with my 7 year old EJ25, I would think you could get at least 29 to 30 avg. All depends on conditions though.

Really? Let me write that down.....

Wow, Outback 32% of all sales and 72% of Legacy sales. And you can sleep underneath.....

Who Dares Wins

スバル

I have a 2.5i Ltd. sedan and get around 26-27mpg on 80%hwy driving. Not too impressive as compared to the hondas and toyotas out there. But what the heck its AWD and fun to drive nonetheless.

I get ~26 too...w/the heat and the AC fully cranking its been closer to 25

Archived