LegacyGT.com

Momo Steering Wheel?

WizzD

Hey guys. I just picked up my '06 LGT Limited yesterday and I notice my steering wheel looks nothing like the one I am seeing in some of these pics. There is no "MOMO" logo at the bottom in the leather & The wheel looks thicker than what I see posted in pics here. Did I get a raw deal? Did anyone else not have the "MOMO" on the wheel of an 06 LGT Limited? Please respond with pics if you can so I can tell my dealer to get me the right wheel. I'm afraid they tried to pull a fast one on me and someone else has my wheel!

Hey guys. I just picked up my '06 LGT Limited yesterday and I notice my steering wheel looks nothing like the one I am seeing in some of these pics. There is no "MOMO" logo at the bottom in the leather & The wheel looks thicker than what I see posted in pics here. Did I get a raw deal? Did anyone else not have the "MOMO" on the wheel of an 06 LGT Limited? Please respond with pics if you can so I can tell my dealer to get me the right wheel. I'm afraid they tried to pull a fast one on me and someone else has my wheel!

Can you post a pic of what you have ?

:lol: its all good.

each model year is going to have differences. You could at least get factory nav, we couldnt.

Supposedly the 06s are safer :munch:

Nope, can't get factory NAV. Only on Auto Trans. Not on Manual.:icon_frow

:lol: its all good.

each model year is going to have differences. You could at least get factory nav, we couldnt.

Supposedly the 06s are safer :munch:

They are saffAR, on side-impacts to the driver's door, the 2005 got a Marginal. Subaru improved the structure and the 2006 got a Good.

So at least, if a soccer mom t-bones you, you'll walk away.

Us 2005-ers, not so lucky. :icon_neut

I keed I keeed

My Wheel. '06 Lgt Limited.

Attached Thumbnailsattachment.php?attachmentid=13029&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1135888956

I commented about the 06's in a different thread, which I'm sure I am not the only one. That is the same wheel I have in my 05 2.5i ltd. I like the GT one better, but don't mind mine. The other stock wheel is just..blah!

Even wearing a seatbelt without an airbag is not going to save you in all instances...you can still smash your face on the steering wheel and do some major damage to your grill, with the addition of the airbag..it makes us a bit safer. However, that black momo wheel is sexy.

In addition to the basic safety concerns, legally, there are also some concerns with removal of the driver's side airbag - for those of you worried about such issues, please check this thoroughly with your insurance company, etc.

:)

Other than that, the installation of an aftermarket steering wheel is actually not that troublesome, provided that you are not worried about sacrificing your cruise function (the "SRS" warning lamp can be taken care of with a resistor mod, much like our UP EGT). Getting rid of the factory clock/roll-connector easily does the trick.

Relocating the cruise wiring/switchgear will require more work - but if a stationary mount is sufficient to satisfy your desires, then, actually, trailing the wiring out to the console shouldn't be too, too hard for those who are handy enough at basic wiring.

I've done many such retrofits on my DSMs - both airbag'ed and not - while legality and safety are the two biggest true concerns, honestly, the actual "mounting" of such aftermarket wheels is rather simple and straightforward, and is a modification that even "beginners" can easily perform themselves.

As with many matters dealing with auto modifications, legality and safety is something that you will have to decide, for yourself, as adults. I know where I stand on these issues - and won't harp on anyone else about them. There are two sides to every argument. :) Just be sure that you've fully investigated the ramifications of such mods before you proceed.

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

I know of people who avoided serious head trauma in an accident becuase of the steering wheel airbag. If the seat belt is good enough for you, then I wish you luck with that.

quit pimping or sitting in the seat in a funny position and dont run into things and you'll be fine ;):icon_tong:lol:

well, i am use to having disabled air bags, abs and all that sort of stuff for a race car (roll cage, seats, harnesses, hans device, helmet, etc).. so as long as I am strapped in, I am not worry about the supplemental devices.. like TSI said, know what you are getting yourself into prior to starting the work, you'll serious save yourself from a headache in this case (har har).

Keefe

Archived