LegacyGT.com

Model News Updates - JDM Magazine spyshots....

Higuma

Here a a couple of shots I took from the latest copy of Club Legacy....

The captioning in the first photo is suggesting that there is a internal debate going on inside Subaru over whether to continue producing the Legacy Wagon as the new Impressa platform should produce a "WAGON" as it is going to grow a bit in size overall - the concern being that these 2 models may end up competing directly with each other because of lack of other competition in this market segment... The writer seems confident that the Legacy platform will win but can't be sure....

1276881_10201238127690083_334078514_o.jpg

Second shot is spy photos of 2 Impressa's - one RHD one LHD - and they believe that they are equipped with the new FA16DIT... Belief being that the GT type model will have the FA16DIT with normal models having a EE20 n/a...

Further sidebar believes that the new WRX will get the FA20DIT but FA20DIT, FA16DIT & EE20 all remain viable candidates at this point for the Impressa line...

1233255_10201238120009891_1876485075_o.jpg

Cheers,

Higuma, is the Impreza GT still an option there in Japan? I did a quick check on Subaru.jp but didn't see it.

If not, this is even more interesting. Maybe it'll be brought back?

No there is not currently a "GT" - there are some rumors that if the WRX STi ends up sitting on a somewhat different chassis or body config that there may be a Impressa GT that comes out with the FA16DIT as a performance stopgap to those not in the market for a full fledged WRX - STi with FA20DIT...

This is what the article seem to suggest ( I haven;t gotten my hands on my own copy to read yet ) - a "GT" type config on the Impressa with FA16DIT and a FA20DIT config for the WRX...

The EDM/ADM/JDM? markets finally get the Outback, instead of only the Legacy wagon

http://www.carscoops.com/2013/10/subaru-facelifted-outback-with-new.html

Nice to see an Outback with the hood scoop, even if its just for the turbo-diesel boxer engine.

Got the current issue of Subaru's "Drive" magazine with the '14 Legacy. No scoop but from the pixs provided, it looked like the front was elongated a bit (more overhang off the front wheels) and the fender flares were not as pronounced as in the current model.

Damn... sign me up for the first 2 photos. I dig that a lot.

I don't think a wagon Legacy is in the cards for N America though... but if the Impreza keeps growing, it will be the same size as the 05 LGT I currently own, and by then who cares.

That new spy shot of the WRX sedan is f--king terrible though. What were they thinking? It could be the blandest car I've ever seen. The back end looks like a shittier version of some old Scion, hood scoop or not.

It could be worse than the reviled 2008 WRX sedan. Man, that thing was worse than a Kia.

It would be nice if they brought back the Impreza 2.5RS. Something sportier and more power than the base model, but doesn't require premium gas. Or they could use the FA20 and detune it a litte bit.
Friends don't let friends drink cheap beer.

Wonderful. No, you're both spot on 100% correct. Mea culpa. Of course you'd know better since you're local to each market. So jealous of all the markets where normal Subarus are actually sold.

? ? ? We have always had the Outback in JDM....... or am I missing something ?

Wha? AUDM gets both, always has.

The EDM/ADM/JDM? markets finally get the Outback, instead of only the Legacy wagon

http://www.carscoops.com/2013/10/subaru-facelifted-outback-with-new.html

Nice to see an Outback with the hood scoop, even if its just for the turbo-diesel boxer engine.

:munch:

I have had mine for a while now...

And the Outback has always been an option here, same with the Legacy wagon.

Subaru sedans are about as rare as they can get, but that's because nobody here wants a sedan. I'm surprised every time I see a Legacy sedan, and that's at most once per month. The only models you can get here that aren't wagons are the BRZ, the STi and the Legacy 2.0D with 6MT.

453747.png

this is pretty cool. I know it would never make it to production in this form, however, that rear diffuser is really nice.

Toning down the wheel flares does a hell of a lot for the body shape. Really hope they stick along that design

Pic makes it appear too tall. Almost like it's cross competing with the Forester or the Exiga rather than a Legacy wagon. The orange Leggy wagon concept above appears lower and sleeker. Of course, my opinion might change in the actual presence of these vehicles.

Regardless, I think we can all agree that this is one huge ass (rear bumper mostly). Thx for the news and rumors Higuma. Keep it coming.

Archived