LegacyGT.com

MEET: Fall Meet October 29th

djmonkey841

The Poll results are now final. So, here is the basics for the meet.

When: Sunday, October 29th, 2006

Where: Parking lot on the NorthWest corner of I-25 and County Line Rd.

Time: 11 AM

Lunch is at Fox & Hound

Will plan on meeting around 11AM (The parking lot I am choosing is usually pretty empty, so there won't be any trouble for all coming to park). Will then talk and check out each others cars before we drive to get something to eat at Fox & Hound. After eating lunch, whoever would like to can go for a drive after.

Here are directions to the parking lot where we will be meeting:

Anyone that knows the area, there is a Golfsmith with an empty store next door. The parking lot is always empty. Here's how to get there:

From I-25: Get off at the County Line Rd exit and head west. Take the first right off of County Line Rd (pretty much right when the lane barrier ends, and before the light). This takes you into the shopping center. Follow the road all the way until you have to go either left or right, take a right. Follow this around to the left of Ultimate. You'll see the Golfsmith right after the Ultimate and that is where the meet will be.

From west County Line Rd: Take County Line Rd to S. Chester Street, take a left. At the next light turn right. Follow that road all the way around Ultimate. You should see the Golfsmith and the empty lot.

Here are the directions for the drive:

1. We will start out somewhere in the Park Meadows Area, depending on where we go to lunch.

2. From lunch make your way to C-470 Westbound.

3. Take C-470 around to the Morrison Rd. exit, turn left onto Morrison Rd. Here's where it might be good to reset your odometer

4. Morrison Rd. will turn into Colorado 74.

5. After traveling for about 3.5 miles on 74 you will come to Idledale. Continue on through.

6. After traveling 7.8 miles you will come to Kittridge. Continue on through.

7. At 10.3 miles turn right onto Meadow (look for the Sinclair Gas Station). Follow this road up.

8. When you come to the yellow left/right arrowed sign stay right and then go left (you want to travel in between the two yellow poled RTD signs. 9. At 11.3 miles you will come to Evergreen Parkway and Douglas Park Road.

10. Turn right and continue to travel on Evergreen Parkway. While on Evergreen Parkway you will pass 8 stop lights to I-70.

11. Merge on I-70 East (at this point you can either keep driving on I-70 to your own final destination or continue to the next direction)

12. Exit I-70 at the Genesee Park exit (exit 254). (I believe it's the next exit after getting onto I-70)

13. At the stop sign turn right and then turn left and then make your first right (basically follow the blue gas/food/phone signs). Follow this short road up to a parking lot, where we will be able to rest and talk again, then part our ways.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice! I'm in for the meet, but the Broncos and the Colts play at 2:15, so I'm out for the drive.

If you want to change the meet time to something earlier, like say 9 or so, I'd be down for a drive.

Thanks, Ben.

I'll be there after noon. Is there a number I can call if you all have left before I get there? I'm just picking my car up for the first time this Friday, so I'd love to see everyone else's cars and get some insight.

life in spin cycle.....:spin:

I'll be there after noon. Is there a number I can call if you all have left before I get there? I'm just picking my car up for the first time this Friday, so I'd love to see everyone else's cars and get some insight.

I like your blacked rear lights looks sweet, where in D-town do you live? I swear I've seen your car round town before

I'm in Parker, but I'm don't have my LGT yet. I fly to Houston to pick it up this Friday, finally!! It will be nice to see different mods on other's cars. Thanks for the compliment, I like the tails too! How have your RE92's done in Denver winters, or do most people buy other tires?

Here's pics of my new ride: legacygt pictures by chrisngrod - Photobucket

My RE92's did fine last winter. Granted the tires were brand new as of August and now after about 10,000 miles are a little more then slicks but they did fine on my Outback in the snow. Also I'm no city slicker I live in the Springs and got over 50 days on the slopes last season so I saw my fair share of snowy roads on my trips back and forth and everywhere in between.

I'm looking forward to the meet. Hopefully I'll have new tires and sways on by then. :D

The Ridiculousness is no more :( But you can have your very own piece of it. **The Ridiculous Part Out.** :D

RE92's are OK.....I had no problems in the winter in the LGT. Once you hit the turbo in the snow, it doesnt really matter what kind of tires you have, they are going to break loose.

They arent the best tire, but they will do.

Depending on how many miles the car has when you get it, look into replacing them with some good High Performance All Seasons though.

What all seasons would you reccomend?

On my WRX, I have the Yokohama Avid V4S.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Yokohama&tireModel=Avid+V4S

They seem to be pretty good so far. I know lots of people have had good luck with the Continental ContiExtremes.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Continental&tireModel=ContiExtremeContact&vehicleSearch=true&partnum=055VR6CEC&minSpeedRating=V&speed_rating=VR&speed_rating=WR&speed_rating=YR&speed_rating=ZR

The Kumho ECSTA ASX's, and Pirelli PZero's are nice too.

Go out to tirerack.com and search on the stock LGT size. Then you can read others recommendations on what they think of the specific tires.

Good Luck! And, congrats on the new to you car!!

later........Ben.

[url=http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Yokohama&tireModel=Avid+V4S][/url]

nice, thanks! I guess I need to see how the tread is on the RE92's then I'll read up and decide then. BWD, do you leave the all seasons on all year or do you run hi performance in the summer?

On this car I plan to just run the all-seasons year round - for now. If I can source a set of 04 17" STI BBS Wheels in Gold, I will run dedicated Summer tires on those, and get a set of Blizzaks for the stockers.

I'm in Parker, but I'm don't have my LGT yet. I fly to Houston to pick it up this Friday, finally!! It will be nice to see different mods on other's cars. Thanks for the compliment, I like the tails too! How have your RE92's done in Denver winters, or do most people buy other tires?

Here's pics of my new ride: http://s115.photobucket.com/albums/n295/chrisngrod/legacygt/?start=0

Parker eh. I grew up in the pinery just south of Parker, where do you reside in Parker

Now I live on 470 and Parker road, but my first place in parker was in the south pinery behind Ponderosa's practice football field. It's really nice, but it takes 15 minutes to get anywhere.

ah the south pinery, my parents live right acroos from there in the Timbers the pinery is awesomeI grew up there, it's it's own little town back in there, theres alot of roads to rage around, I miss ridin my dirt bike around there, yea there isnt really anything close but nice quiet area with alot going on (community wise)

Archived