LegacyGT.com

MD/DC/NOVA Winter 2011 Mega meet GI thread!!!

LegacyGTBiggie

Which Option would you be in for if you plan on attending?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Which Option would you be in for if you plan on attending?

• 1) Go kart
    • 2) Lunch - cruise - shop
    • 3) Long drive/ cruise meet
    • 4) Other

Ok well we are about 2 months away from when I like to hold the Winter Mega Meet....

I am VERY open to ideas on places/dates/themes.

In the past it has been a lunch/cruise/destination type layout. It works and therefore I dont want to mess with that.

Options

1) Indoor Go-Kart track like the one in VA: http://www.allsportsgp.com/

2) Lunch and then go to a local shop for a dyno day/chill. Previous years were at Agile or another place

3) Lunch and then a LONG LONG cruise/caravan to somewhere like a state park or somethign where the drive is the MAIN part of the meet

4) Any other ideas are more than welcome.

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The FIRST january meet. Old sentra group. Ate lunch at Red Robin and then used my old job to photo shoot on the lots at Fedex field!

http://www.th3forgott3n.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=26

The secodn year was similar and I dont feel like posting pictures.

In 09 we started at Cheeburger Cheeburger and then drove to a nice park by BWI and did the photo thing there(TOO COLD)

http://www.th3forgott3n.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=48

Last year was lunch at Five guys in white marsh then up I95 to Agile

http://www.th3forgott3n.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=55

I'm in for karting. Either sprint or endurance works for me.
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

I say we coordinate to all go do the Polar Bear Plunge on Sandy Point Beach! LOL! At least it would be for a good cause.

I also thought about a Holiday dinner....but thought early December. I guess we could do it January. Go to an Inn or something a tad formal. If you have a gf or wife...they'd probably like that option too.

South Mountain Inn

Bavarian Inn

Lightfoot

Could call in a reservation, I'm sure the place would not be crowded (with existing reservations) in January. Might have to do a prepaid situation if the group is large though.

OR

We could combine the large meet with a charity or something. Say we all help deliver food to poor folks or something. It'll be winter...not sure if they are doing any work, but could group up and do a habitat for humanity day of building. Something to that affect. I mean we spend a ton on our cars...think we could do a little something for the community too...and build a great sense of friendship amongst each other.

im gonna vote NO on that one!

I am more into the Karting/shop idea myself. Working with some other board members to see how down IAG would be with hosting this one. If not I can contact Agile and see what Hill and Joe are up to this time around.

karting I think while ht emost expensive... Is 1 indoors and 2 a good time.

I normally do the firs tfew weekends in January as a time period. I havent yet set a date or alternate.

Probably NOT going to advertise this on Nasioc. Try and stick to LGTs and recent LGT owners like yourself

Also Reading > YOU!! Look at the first post. I know of all sports gp. Ive known other groups to have gone there and LOVED it. I am thinking it is the best idea. And we are too far out to put a hold on any dates.

This is why I start so far out. We can finalize plans and numbers. Then be able to set a date by what works for the MOST people.

people please use the list if you are down to go. Just copyu and paste it then add yourselves. Id like to see what kind of numbers we have. I know we have in the area more than enough to make a 30+ car meet. So lets get the people out.

ALso if there is enough interest I would be down for doing a january meet with one option(karting/shop) and then planning another one in the spring for the other..

On the polls I am counting 7. That is a rough number guesstimate I can use to call All Sports GP and see what they have to offer for January.

As far as the NASIOC guys, a few of them are Legacy owners or have wives that drive Legacies. They are very good people and very nice of them to let us go to their meet at DFH in Gburg. I figured it would be a nice gesture to return the favor. Just a suggestion.

And I just dont want this to become a STI meet. A few fine. But like last year the few Sentras I invited took over the meet. And that is NOT my goal at all.

So to that end I do not want to open it up to nasioc. But rather say invite select WRX/STI owners who are known to be cool and chill.

Archived