LegacyGT.com

Maybe someone can help locate this shift knob

psucaptainkickass

So a long time ago while persuing some posts here, someone made mention to this shift knob. I completely forget the name, so searching for it is useless. But basically, this knob was a smooth roundish knob, that was white in color. The site had it listed for around $150. It had the 1-5 shift pattern engraved in it. The knob had almost a ceramic white look to it, almost like it really was made of out porcilin. Sorry for the complete lack of description, but its all I got!

"EDM" or "European Domestic Market," just as hinted on the FastWRX website.

As brother PGT cited in another thread, though, these pop up seemingly "all the time" on eBay, too.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=280259&postcount=29

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

That is very very very similar....except I am pretty sure what I saw was white, and didn't have a metallic appearance

the one I posted? That's made by Subaru. An OEM knob in the UK. It's a satin aluminum finish.

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

^^ Hahaha... get the privilege of burning your hand for $75k!

Looks like a bogus bid though.. $75k from a 0-history bidder... yeah right :rolleyes:

Kinda plain though.. maybe crest it with diamonds for ultimate bling? :p

-=- Livin life at 140 BPM -=-

Got it! UK STi Solberg. I was mistaken, it really isn't white, and it looks very similar to the the pics posted above.

http://subydude.com/osc/product_info.php?cPath=91_122&products_id=62&osCsid=da38c2da7b0be0e65239c7049e5be677

Thats exactly what I have in my car but I didn't pay $150. I did a Group Buy many months ago.....WAY below that. PM me if you want one and I'll get you the 411.

starlabs,

LOL. :lol: I think it's bogus, too, but heck, one can never be sure these days. :dunno:

As for a hand-burner, I'm actually not so sure. Like I said before, my GReddy, which was a hunk of metal, truly never even felt uncomfortable, even during the hottest/coldest days - and I attribute this to its mass as well as the fact that it directly mated (threaded) to my B&M, which was another hunk of metal.

I think that the massive metal hunks simply allowed the parts to effectively "heat sink," and thus not get overly hot or cold.

This effect can be seen with today's ultra-powerful but ultra-miniaturized custom LuxeonStar-based flashlights, which despite having internal heat-sinks and are almost always also heat-sinked INTO THEIR ALUMINUM BODIES, will still heat up to uncomfortable levels after continuous running for >10-20 minutes. In these cases, if, however, you were to actually hold on to the light with, say, your entire palm surrounding it, your hand/arm/body then acts as an effective heat-sink, and the light can get warm, but will remain comfortable enough to hold, even after hours of continuous running.

So, I wonder if maybe the platinum will allow this particular knob to do decently well?

Who knows. :) But it's interesting "academically," I guess.

;)

Archived