LegacyGT.com

How many Spec Bs are there?

Oh dear, I see you didn't ask about 09. I hope the 09 I just bought is not a fake. ;)

BTW, I'd like to know too.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Somewhere on this forum I read that there were 430-something in 07. Not sure on 08 and 09. That same thread mentions that production numbers for 08 and 09 were combined with the Legacy GT so they couldn't be separated out.

in 2008 only 17 spec.B's were made but in 2009 they made 34;)

p.s. yes Byron yours is fake:p

:(

Yea, I noticed it must be fake, When I was putting the OEM wheels on I notice some funky looking silver color LCA's and some hokey looking yellow struts. I have no idea how that sweet shifting 6-speed got in there....lol

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

For '08/'09 my dealer, back when I bought it, didnt know numbers, but said they were made only when a dealer ordered one....He likened it to the M5- car is in full production, but only made when ordered...So who knows...

:(

Yea, I noticed it must be fake, When I was putting the OEM wheels on I notice some funky looking silver color LCA's and some hokey looking yellow struts. I have no idea how that sweet shifting 6-speed got in there....lol

whoever had the car before you must have spray painted them yellow. Now that I think about it when I did you insurance your car came up as a 1990 Subaru Justy.... wierd;)

I was 0.

And I'm still a zero.

:lol:

http://www.cars101.com/subaru/legacy/legacy2007photos.html

"2007 GT spec.B. 1/ 3000 made, all are Diamond Gray."

I haven't seen any official numbers for 07-09 from Subaru, so other than the 500 06's made, all other figures that one person says vs another person should be taken with a grain of salt.

Agreed .........(same goes for websites) :)

I obviously believe the 432 quantity......because I want to , and the fact that in almost 5 years of ownership I have only seen ONE other 07 Spec B.

Do it right the first time.........or don't bother doing it at all.

I emailed subaru about the production numbers of the 3.0R limited and this is the response i got:

Dear Mr. _:

Thank you for taking the time to contact us.

I am sorry, as Subaru of America does not provide the production numbers for its models. We only provide sales results, which are only broken down by model line, such as the Legacy model line. You can review our Sales information in the 'NEWS' section of our Web site - http://www.subaru.com/company/news/index.html.

If you need any future assistance, _, please let us know.

Sincerely,

John J. Mergen

Subaru of America, Inc.

Customer/Dealer Services Department

1-800-SUBARU3 (1-800-782-2783)

"February sales records were set by Forester, Impreza, Legacy and Outback. Impreza WRX volume more than doubled"

So they only track by model, yet, the Impreza WRX more than doubled. Yea right....

They just don't care about you or I enough to give you the real answer to your question.

If you click on one of the links for say Aug 2009, you find at the bottom they only sold 1 Baja in 2008, then click on Dec 09 and at the bottom they say they sold 2 Baja's in 08, so which is it?

Once again mis-information.

• 4 years later...
So I have a question? Can you make your own spec b with parts added to a normal gt? Basically could I go and buy all the parts and install them to make a "spec-b"?

you could but it would cost you a hell of alot more $ to do that than to just buy one. You would need front and back seats, 6 speed tranny from 07 STI specC i believe it is, aluminum control arms, R180 rear diff, bilstein shocks, diff wheels and other things i cant think of right now.

Or you can just buy mine as i put it up for sale on monday ;)

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/fs-ct-2008-qsm-subaru-legacy-gt-spec-b-stage-244375.html

I was 0.

And I'm still a zero.

:lol:

• 1 month later...

Archived