LegacyGT.com

Mammoth President's Day Weekend

SnowBound BP5

Who's down to head up to Mammoth Mountain & June Mountain and do some sick riding over the President's Day long weekend? I've already got a room at Motel 6 reserved (as always :lol:). We'll leave around 4am on Saturday 13th from my place in Torrance and return around 10pm on Monday the 15th.

The snow condition will be great and you don't ever have to worry about getting stuck and wasting your time in long lines at the lift like down here in SoCal. I go up there for President's Day weekend every year and always have a blast!

To give you a rough idea, hotel room split between 2 people (for 2 nights) will be about $105. Gas split between 2 people will be about $55.

I need firm commitment and someone who's not going to bail at the last minute, please. :)

Feel free to hit me up if you've got any other questions. I'm a seasoned Mammoth vet hahaha! :D

1-3-10.thumb.jpg.8b60a1433a1b12f4bbb5a9b7b3278dcf.jpg

I'll probably be there, but June on Saturday at least, to avoid the crowds.

Really? Is it possible to carpool up there? And do you have an extra bed/couch? I'll pay, of course. Hit me up! :)

Btw, going to June on Saturday is a great idea. I was thinking about doing that too.

Hey Edward it was a super beautiful & dry long weekend last weekend so even a Mustang GT could've made it up there. Unlike most people driving up I'm fearless :lol: and have always rolled on my stocker 'RE92 w/ no chains. I could be wrong but I've heard that our cars can't take chains once they're lowered, and yours is. I've driven through all kinds of conditions on the RE92s. Just use your common sense and exercise caution (start braking very gently and EARLY). I'm thinking about heading up again next weekend but not on a Thursday you lucky dog!

Damn I can't believe you guys come all the way up to Mammoth from LA. I don't ride, but Mammoth is close for me (~100 miles), but Tahoe is even closer (~20 miles).

Plus, there are a shitload of good roads to play on in the summer around here.

Archived