LegacyGT.com

Making the Legacy STi Grill Fit

MOMSWGN

Takes about 20 minutes after you do the Spec B bumper conversion. I did this on a 05 LGT.

1) Remove clips that would go into the radiator shroud from the top portion of the grill. (I broke them off)

2) Remove the center support bracket (3 screws) from the back of the grill. Break of the little plastic nipple in the middle of the hood release cut out.

3) Break off the two long plastic clips on the bottom edge of the grill. Now the grill should sit flush on the front bumper.

4) This is the trickest part. You have to drill new bumper pop-it holes into the grill. You need to measure carefully otherwise when you close the hood the top portion of the chrome grill surround will be hidden by the hood.

5) Put pop-its into the holes.

Will try to get pictures if I get around to it.

• 5 weeks later...
Close the hood until it lashes, but not all the way. Bring the edges of the grill flush with the sides. The grill will be just past the bottom of the grill cutout. Hold the grill in place with one hand and open the hood with the other. Drill where the hole from the bumper meeds the wings of the grill.

Well there she be...directions were bang on as above...carefull measurement results in great success!

Thanks to all for the help...I have not decided if I like it better or not!

J

gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

You beat me to the punch (first BSM car + Rev. D STi grill). I'll be picking mine up from the post office tomorrow. Love the look, though!

Pics of grill modifications?

Thanks all...I will get some better pics on Monday...the great part is in about 5 minutes I can have either style on there...it's that simple once you are all set up!

I do like the uber clean look though, it is what i have been after with my mods from day one...!

I like both...will post more pics this week.

J

J- Does your rear hatch open all the way w/ that Thule box on top... Looks like the box slopes up in the back.. Ive used my "Packasport" box for a few seasons and its annoying that I cant open the hatch all the way( Im 6'6'' and dont like to get in funny position to get into the back, but put up with it for secure locking winter storage). Oh and +1 on the Corazon, it jus looks meaner(but I prefer the blue subie badge).
Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac? -George Carlin

Archived