LegacyGT.com

Lowering springs to my first gen Legacy turbo wagon awd

Hello, i need some lowering springs to my legacy.

I found these on ebay, but it's to sedan and not wagon.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/H-R-Lowering-Sport-Springs-29868-/221131106262?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item337c70e7d6&vxp=mtr

will they fit mine?

I want to lower the ride hight, not increase it.

Sorry for my bad english, but i'm from norway.

407329_380791928599079_894897810_n.jpg.43888cd78e5befe9508d21149ab6fbbb.jpg

Those should work just fine. I have a set of those that I have been meaning to install on my second gen wagon. It should drop you at least an inch, if not an inch and a half.

Keep in mind that you will have 'saggy butt' syndrome. This just means that your rear will be sagging compared to the front by a little bit. I have some spacers that will be installed on the rear struts. I don't remember exactly how thick they are.

Nice turbo wagon by the way.

If you want I can take some pics of my spacers tomorrow and measure the thickness.

So would the spacers solve the saggy rear? If so could you share the source of these? And also is there like an ideal combination of struts? I was gonna go with kyb struts and whichever springs are best for a decent price, I dont want that much of a drop lol

Those should work just fine. I have a set of those that I have been meaning to install on my second gen wagon. It should drop you at least an inch, if not an inch and a half.

Keep in mind that you will have 'saggy butt' syndrome. This just means that your rear will be sagging compared to the front by a little bit. I have some spacers that will be installed on the rear struts. I don't remember exactly how thick they are.

Nice turbo wagon by the way.

If you want I can take some pics of my spacers tomorrow and measure the thickness.

Hello.

Good news, I want it lower and stiffer for track driving.

Yeah, I was afraid of that.. It's got a saggy but even with old original springs.

Yes I want that very much, and where did you get them? :)

Thank you, and I have great plans for it:) I have parked it for the winter and are gonna restore it:) can document it with pictures along the way, but not so much writing :p

So would the spacers solve the saggy rear? If so could you share the source of these? And also is there like an ideal combination of struts? I was gonna go with kyb struts and whichever springs are best for a decent price, I dont want that much of a drop lol

I hope we can get the same spacers as he:) i have too bougt kyb struts and are thinking to buy these h&r lowering springs.

Pics of the spacers as promised! I haven't installed the struts yet, obviously.

View from the side:http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn41/henry616/DSCF7054_zps08571fa0.jpg

Top view: http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn41/henry616/DSCF7056_zps1295e1f7.jpg

My buddy eekay made them. They are plastic and 12 mm thick. Hope this helps guys.

• 6 months later...

Well, I would suggest you go with known brands, such as the last two. H&R and Whiteline are pretty well established brands with good reputations.

With that, just be aware of the struts you are running. Not sure if you can get kyb agx struts where you live, but those springs with the kyb struts would be a great set.

I don't see anywhere whether these are designed for a sedan or wagon, but you may need spacers still.

Archived