LegacyGT.com

Lowering spring kit

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If the Eibach test fit of 5th gen springs on a 6th gen proves to have the same results with regard to lowering height as on the 5th gen, then I would assume that any 5th gen aftermarket lowering spring would work on the 6th gen with the published resultant ride height.

I called and left a message, So hopefully I'll get a call back soon.. I figure since the 15' legacy is slightly larger maybe the Spring Load might have to change.. I don't want to go out and buy a set and find out different.. I'de rather go to the manufacture and have them tear apart my car and try them out and make the call what needs to be changed if anything..

Although I wasn't give much information past the above I would assume so.

The SOA rep started to give me the "its proprietary information" excuse but I told him I already had the part numbers just wanted to confirm with them that parts are the same with no changes.

He said all is the same.... So yeah.

Follow me on Instagram @CT2015Legacy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess another way is to compare Part Numbers from the Struts and Springs of a 14' to a 15'.. I'll make that a Mission today when I get off work I'll head to the dealer.. the guys in parts and service love me since I'm the only Legacy guy doing Mods.. :lol:

Is SOA ready to offer warranty if whe're to install 2014 spring kits on the 2015. If not, well ....you know the rest!!!!

I think the idea is to find out if the 2014 and 2015 share the same OEM spring. Then whatever aftermarket spring will go in a 2014 should fit the 2015 as well.

I had Eibachs which are a progressive rate spring in my previous car and they were smoother over small bumps and firmer when pushing round the twisties. The only downside was you had to be more careful on low speed bumps (speed humps/spoon drains) as these were definitely more pronounced.

All somebody needs to do is buy a set of 5th Gen aftermarket lowering springs for $250 and install them, recording before and after ride heights. If they don't give the desired or claimed ride height results, they can always be sold in the 5th Gen marketplace here on the forum for a minimal loss. If they fit properly, then the person who does this can be the Big Kahuna of the 6th Gen community and praise will be showered at your feet. I keep saying it will work, the cars aren't that different. Heck, buy a set and bring them over to my house, I will install them for you, and uninstall them if it doesn't work.

Is SOA ready to offer warranty if whe're to install 2014 spring kits on the 2015. If not, well ....you know the rest!!!!

They obviously would never warranty that..... Why would they? Its an OEM part but not factory installed so yeah...

All somebody needs to do is buy a set of 5th Gen aftermarket lowering springs for $250 and install them, recording before and after ride heights. If they don't give the desired or claimed ride height results, they can always be sold in the 5th Gen marketplace here on the forum for a minimal loss. If they fit properly, then the person who does this can be the Big Kahuna of the 6th Gen community and praise will be showered at your feet. I keep saying it will work, the cars aren't that different. Heck, buy a set and bring them over to my house, I will install them for you, and uninstall them if it doesn't work.

I have a set of springs sitting my my room; just haven't had the time or funds to go and get them installed. Soon though if my coilover deal I'm trying to get falls through.

^^ I'm pretty sure I've done that already on Subaru's parts website. There was no indication that there was any crossover, the part numbers were different.

Incorrect; Front & Rear spring part numbers between 2014 and 2015 are the exact same. 20330 for the front and 20380 for the rear.

Here are the comparisons:

FRONT

http://i1377.photobucket.com/albums/ah59/CT2015Legacy/2015%20Subaru%20Legacy/Parts%20Front_zpsagvsjgfi.png

REAR:

http://i1377.photobucket.com/albums/ah59/CT2015Legacy/2015%20Subaru%20Legacy/Parts%20Rear_zpswgegg4uz.png

Archived