Lowered Your OBXT?

Box1813

I want to lower my OBXT down as low as it will go. Here's my plan:

AVO Rear Sway

AVO Brackets

AVO Bushings

AVO Adj Endlinks (if necessary)

Megan Racing Coilovers (OB or LGT)

I want to get it low as posssible and keep it drivable (it's a daily driver). Also, I would prefer NOT to change my tires.

Anyone got pictures, hints, or horror stories?

(yes, there is an identical post on subaruoutback.org)

mine is a little on the stiff for street, but I have my setup on the stiff side of adjustability. you could reduce preload, and lower the damping setting (i have mine set about 22/32 on the stiff side.)

I have MR ob coilovers,

245/45R18's

Cobb front and rear sways

I really like the cobb sways. They fit fine, but in front, you will need to do the washer spacer thing. Kind of silly, but no big deal.

I don't really know if COBB is planning on making one for the OB, but I didn't feel like waiting.

They are pretty stiff, although the rears are adjustable. You lose some independence of wheel motion, but swaying during cornering is almost eliminated and definitely helps with getting rid of understeer, by loading the rear wheels more.

Haven't tried other companies sways, but can't imagine a big difference between any of them, as they will all probably be a dramatic improvement over stock. Oh except that COBB and AVO i know come with rear swaybar reinformcements so you don't bend the stock swaybarmount plate...

Hope that helps?

Archived