LegacyGT.com

Lower vent/ low air flow

mechdiff

With winter coming on I have been playing a bit more with the interior climate control, I have noticed that when I set the mode to vent by the feet there doesn't seem to be a lot of air flow, is anyone else finding this? It just seems like the upper vent and the windshield vent give more airflow than the lower vent. Also there doesn't seem to be a direct spot in which the air is coming out. Is this just how they built the lower vent?

I have noticed the same thing. My feet were freezing the other morning, so I felt the flow from the bottom vent; 1. it was much less than any upper vent 2. it is directed toward my ankles and shins. NO wonder my feet were freeeezing

I've noticed recently that when the floor vent is selected, I'm still getting air bleeding through the dash vents, specifically the side ones. I have two other cars with ACC and the vent baffles do not allow any air leaking out of unselected vents.

Is it possible the low flow to the floor vents is due to baffles not closing/sealing completely? Anyone else get air leaks from the side dash vents when the floors are selected?

ignore him, he'll go away.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived