LegacyGT.com

Looking For Yellow Fog Bulbs & Fog Removal Tips

GULLABLE0NE

so i wanna know what type of bulbs will fit to replace my stock foglight bulbs, i am looking for yellow colored bulbs. i also came across a how-to fog light removal (while searching) but it was for a 2005 i believe, i justa wanna confirm that the process would be the same. also how do i get off the plastic covers surrounding the foglighs on the exterior?

The 08-09 are different I think from the 05-07. You have to remove extra clips then reach up and pull out the bulb. The bulb is a 9006 well in my 09 it is.

Though I skipped getting yellow bulbs and picked up a 3000k HID system so I'll have to remove my whole bumper now.

276hp/347tq On a DynoJet

Dyno Video - Had a big lean spot as you can tell in the second pull

i picked up my yellow bulbs at pep boys, they were only $17 and they work just fine and look good. i had to special order them and that took like 2 days. the easiest way to change them is by laying down in front of the car and i used a small makeup mirror that my wife had and looked at the clips and its pretty much straight forward from there

The 08-09 are different I think from the 05-07. You have to remove extra clips then reach up and pull out the bulb. The bulb is a 9006 well in my 09 it is.

Though I skipped getting yellow bulbs and picked up a 3000k HID system so I'll have to remove my whole bumper now.

I just installed my 8000k HID kit in the fogs today and it doesn't require you to remove the bumper at all. All you need is a 2 ton jack and a screw driver to pop off the clips and a flashlight. It took 20 minutes to install.

I just installed my 8000k HID kit in the fogs today and it doesn't require you to remove the bumper at all. All you need is a 2 ton jack and a screw driver to pop off the clips and a flashlight. It took 20 minutes to install.

Where did you mount the ballasts at? I'm anal and don't want stuff flopping around the bumper/front of my car while I drove. Though I also got a wiring harness that goes with mine but I should be able to drop that down from above.

276hp/347tq On a DynoJet

Where did you mount the ballasts at? I'm anal and don't want stuff flopping around the bumper/front of my car while I drove. Though I also got a wiring harness that goes with mine but I should be able to drop that down from above.

Well I mounted mine with heavy duty double side 3M on the side of the beams basically the frame on the car where you see oem intake box drop into that area and on the other side i just mounted it on the frame too with out a flashlight it will be a PITA to put the bulb in. As to flopping there aint that much nothing that a few wire ties can't fix. I cant figure out how to align the fogs. If you figure it out please do let me know. I hope you got the slim ballasts or you are definitely going to have trouble figuring out where to mount them.

Yea I picked up the DDM kit that has the slim ballasts. I might just end up removing the bumper to make it easier. I think to aim the fog lights you need to pop the fog surround off and there should be a screw that you can use to adjust the height of the fog light.

276hp/347tq On a DynoJet

i have the piaa crystal ion yellow bulbs and they're great. nice and bright.

History does not entrust the care of freedom to the weak or timid

People sleep peacefully at night cause rough men stand ready to do violence on there behalf

Yea I picked up the DDM kit that has the slim ballasts. I might just end up removing the bumper to make it easier. I think to aim the fog lights you need to pop the fog surround off and there should be a screw that you can use to adjust the height of the fog light.

I'll have to try that when I have some free time.

Does anyone else find the 08-09 fogs to be useless using regular 9006 bulbs even with the piaa ions I found it to be useless and only good for looks and not usability. They don't shine very far. I wonder why the hell SOA got rid of projector fogs and used this interesting fog design with that stupid metal thing in the middle.

HID is the way to go.

/\ just had mine installed yesterday by the dealer and i noticed the same thing. in theory the fog light is supposed to be a low and wide beam, but i can barely see that even at night. so hid fogs are in the works, along with the low beams.

i found a set of piaa yellow crystal ions locally for $50, i also ordered tha laminex yellow fog films so maybe ill have some super yellow fogs...lol. if i don't like the fogs after that stuff i will probably go for the hids. thanks for all the input guys.

i found a set of piaa yellow crystal ions locally for $50, i also ordered tha laminex yellow fog films so maybe ill have some super yellow fogs...lol. if i don't like the fogs after that stuff i will probably go for the hids. thanks for all the input guys.

I have the same setup. Didn't care for the Laminex that much, it didn't want to adhere to the glass for some reason. But, the bulbs are great.

Some of you may really need your fogs but in sunny SoCal... not so much. For me it's a matter of being seen.

I drive...well, very "spiritedly", and it's very important for those I come up on to be aware of me. There is a night and day difference commuting with them on and off.

If they are off people turn into my lane all the time. That rarely happens with them on.

Much better... still can't see much better though;)

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1586"VbGallery/URL]

so i put the piaa yellow fogs in yesterday and they are a big improvement over the stock fog bulbs. the color output is a nice golden yellow so i don't think i'll be using the laminex film i ordered just yet. now i need to upgrade the headlights because the fogs make the headlights look pathetic.

so i put the piaa yellow fogs in yesterday and they are a big improvement over the stock fog bulbs. the color output is a nice golden yellow so i don't think i'll be using the laminex film i ordered just yet. now i need to upgrade the headlights because the fogs make the headlights look pathetic.

Go with the Osram Rallye 65w bulbs if you don't want to do HID's. They've gotten great reviews on this forum with led me to pick up a set for my legacy. I have them sitting on my desk along with my HID's for my fogs waiting for my legacy to get out of the body shop to install them.

276hp/347tq On a DynoJet

Archived