Which EFR Turbo for this kit?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Which EFR Turbo for this kit?

• 7064 SS
    • 7064 TS
    • 6758 SS only
    • 7670 SS
    • 7670 TS

Looking for someone that wants to do a new Borg Warner EFR turbo. We will custom fabricate a new UpPipe and DownPipe for you as well as an intake if necessary. We would need the car for as much as a week to complete all fabrication and tunning work.

please contact 5250Performance @ gmail.com if you are interested

Turbos are almost 6 weeks out. I missed my opportunity to have one a few weeks ago and now I have to wait for the next manufacturing batch. To prevent further delays, I am going to order one and use that for the lucky person chosen to receive this kit.

I am thinking of ordering the 7064 in single scroll because it is theoretically the best match for our engines and the single scroll will keep install easier. But this is why I have the poll. Pick what you want to see on a Subaru.

The Guinea Pig would be expected to already have or purchase any supporting mods that may be needed (Fueling, Intercooler, Intake). A tune will also be required and a discount may be available.

This offer stands for any factory turbocharged Subaru. Tell your friends!

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

What's the 5250 stand for?

I'd love to do a BW-EFR, but I think I'm a little too far away. Plus, I'm broke.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

so im def. interested in this project and i would even be willing to drive all the way from philly for this.(i'd love to just shred some snow on the mt.s while my ride is pimped)would that be possible? and how much does this cost?

Around $3k depending on what we want to do.

It would totally be possible for you to come out from philly, drop off the car, and then spend a few days in the mtn's while we pimp your ride. (minus the fish tank armrests)

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

ok so whats 3g's include ? turbo plus what? im guessing you have to mod something else maybe the parts i already have on would work? i thought they were coming out with turbos in bolt on configurations for us ? no? and im not worried about emissions i have no cats now and im about to gut the resonator too,

This is for the fabrication of a turbo kit using a BW EFR turbo. You get an UP, a Turbo, and a DP. Anything you need beyond that would be at regular rates or, depending on how much you need, we could strike a deal.

If you are interested contact 5250Performance @ gmail.com and we can discuss options and costs.

Still curious about the emission angle. Even the inspection might cause problems for us CO guys. Are you planning on an FMIC for this build?

All you need for emissions is for all the required equipment to be visible and functioning. So for us CO guys, that's 2 cats, 2 O2 sensors, and a passing roller test. I can make this setup pass emissions... but power will suffer. Contact me directly if you have emissions questions.

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

Wow... This is REALLY tempting... Honestly an awesome deal for anyone that has 3k lying around and wanting to put these new turbo's to the test.

Heck, here's the deal: I'll take the bait, but everyone that wants me to be the pig for this has to send me a few bucks.

Imagine, we've got TONS of ppl on this forum... If I got 3000 people to donate $1... :):lol: /and partially serious about this...

If I pass you on the right, I'm flipping you off.

still though im confused if im to be the guinea pig why would i pay for a new turbo that could possibly be abused or (my engine for that matter) are you just doing the install? and why couldnt we just use my current pipes ? invidia cattless dwn p. and grimspeed catless up p. borla cat backw/ gutted resonator. if its not twinscroll wouldnt i be fine?

still though im confused if im to be the guinea pig why would i pay for a new turbo that could possibly be abused or (my engine for that matter) are you just doing the install? and why couldnt we just use my current pipes ? invidia cattless dwn p. and grimspeed catless up p. borla cat backw/ gutted resonator. if its not twinscroll wouldnt i be fine?

we wouldn't be doing any driving of your car. This turbo is not available in a bolt-in configuration. Therefore it has to be custom fabricated to fit.

This would be similar to conventional rotated kits, which cost around $3700 from big manufacturers using turbos that cost several hundred less.

Having this BW EFR turbo custom fabricated like I am proposing would normally be in the $4500-$5000 range. I am offering it at such a discount because somebody has to be first and I hope this incentive speeds up that process.

Currently the entire line of turbos is back ordered about 6 weeks due to manufacturer delays, but they are hoping to speed things up.

updated first post with expectations of the customer

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

ok cause when i called bw awhile ago they said that there would be stock location non rotated turbos for us legacy owners and that they would be avail. around jan. so thats why i was thinking much cheaper. i still think that there is an option for us like that,maybe the smaller single scroll like the b1 frame 62 67 mm size which is really what i want as i'm not trying to blow out my tranny just yet.(still stock 5mt) im gonna give them a call and see whats up.....thanks tho mwiener2 i still am a bit weary about the guinea pig thing cause i know that even on the dyno one could do alot of damage without actually driving it.

There "may" be a stock location turbo, but that doesnt mean that its a direct fitament (headers and ESPECIALLY a DP) they are going with the 3" v-band DP design for this turbo, so at an absolute minimum you'll need a new DP custom made. The other scenario is that you may need a new UP because of the design... And thats an absolute minimum. So, consider the new design of a DP, research/fitament cost, etc... 3k isnt bad at all. Especially if its for a new turbo AND the twinscroll + Dp setup. Not bad at all.

Also, again, we're talking stock location, that doesnt mean you'll have what you need to run it (FMIC, etc). There's a LOT that goes into fitting a new turbo style on our cars.

If I pass you on the right, I'm flipping you off.

ok cause when i called bw awhile ago they said that there would be stock location non rotated turbos for us legacy owners and that they would be avail. around jan.

They do NOT have a stock location turbo currently. All of the BW EFR turbos use either a T3 or T4 inlet flange which is NOT the same as the stock turbo hot side inlet, hence the need for custom pipes. Even with their smaller turbo, you would still need a tune and a run on the dyno. I'm pushing 450 ftlbs and 436hp through my 5MT and it's been holding fine.

For a single scroll EFR, you need a new UP and DP. For a twinscroll, I can either buy an existing TS header and make a new UP or custom fab a new header and UP. If a TS EFR is chosen, cost will most likely go up.

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

Archived