LegacyGT.com

Looking to get a legacy... few questions

mmmmspecb

Hey everyone,

I'm in the market for a legacy for quite some time now but have had trouble finding what I want. I live in the NE and AWD is a must. I currently drive an Acura Rsx Type - S that was absolutely useless in snow. I have an absolute crush on the Legacy Gt's so I've been looking high and low. However what I want is very specific so I had a few questions, wondering if anybody else has attempted what I'm asking.

What I'm looking for is an 07' spec B, 30,000 or less. So obviously those are hard to come by, seeing as there are even less of those made than the "Limited" numbered 06' spec b's.

One complicating factor is that I still owe money on my Rsx. So that makes private sale VERY difficult in arranging, seeing how I have to work everyday and would have to arrange selling my car, getting a loan for a new one, and paying off my old car all within a very limited time frame.

I have seen them at dealerships across country so one option would be to take a road trip to trade the RSX in, then drive the new car home... Very costly, time consuming and I would have to pay tax twice...

Which brings me to my main question.

Has anybody ever attempted to get a dealership to buy a car from another dealership that may be in another state/ far away? I'm thinking of going to my local subaru dealership and trying to convince them to attempt to buy the car from one half way across the country.

My thoughts were that If I arranged details with them to make it worth their time they would try to pull it off. I would considering telling them I would reinburse them for freight charges/ have them include that in my buying price.

Any thoughts???

You do not have to pay taxes twice. If you are a out of state buyer you only pay taxes where you register your car (home state). If a dealership out of state tells you that you have to pay tax to them for their state, walk out.

X

---

I live in Nebraska too and own a 2009 LGT which I bought 2 years ago. I had the dealer find me the car I wanted in Kansas and they shipped it over. If you are in Omaha, talk to Brent at Stan Olson. Great guy, very honest and knowledgable.

haha... Good call! That's actually the one I'm talking about. Right outside of Kansas City. About a 20 hour drive for me. I've thought hard about it believe me. I have no idea if it would even be possible for my Subaru dealer to pull this off.

I'm not sure if I'm going to just wait until one pops up much closer, or just say F*** it and start driving a few weekends from now (Not even sure it's going to last that long)

That one at keystone Nissan has pretty low miles, and a good starting price.

Of course nobody has commented on my idea I had on my first post lol

Legacychick... maybe when the time comes you could look at it for me if you don't mind... I noticed it has a boost guage so it may have other aftermarket parts the dealership doesn't know about.

I dunno what to do lol.

I would go look at it for you, and test drive it to make sure nothing seems weird about it.

I've never worked with a dealer to buy a car from another dealer. I would just call the Subaru dealer, and see if they would do such a thing. You will end up paying more for the car, but it also costs money to drive there and get it.

On another note, I've sold two vehicles that I still owed money on, and it worked out great. It's easier for me to buy a car when I don't have to mess with a trade in. I would try selling your car private party if you're able. Unless the dealer gives you a decent price on your trade, so you save some money on sales tax.

Hmmm, had my friend who works at the local Subie Dealer speak with his manager. Conversation was positive. He told me that the store manager said that he does this kind of thing all the time. I would have to pay 700 freight to get it shipped here, but they would be willing to buy the car... I guess its time for me to make a little visit soon. I have a feeling convincing the nissan dealership to part with the car might be difficult if they don't think they will have an issue selling it themselves...

Archived