LegacyGT.com

Looking at buying 06 LGT some questions...

I have always like the LGT ever since it came out and now it is finally around my price range...the subaru dealership down the street is selling a 5mt 06 lgt 60,000 miles for 16.9? what do you think good price? Also, its silver still stuck between black and silver, blacks sweet looking but silver wont kill you in the heat as much...but anyway i had a few questions which i did search and didnt find many rock solid answers.

1. As far as i see it the LGT 5MT Tranny is better than the wrx tranny which has a really bad name for itself?

2. Knowing im going to do mods to the thing would my gas miliage go down that much?

3. What the hell is stage 2? stage 2 what? this will be my first turbo car so i dont know anything but naturally aspirated hondas...if you "going to stage 2" what the heck does that mean?

Thanks alot guys im really thinking about picking this car up soon!

Hello, this car is great and has alot of potential. The tranny is solid until you get into major mods(300+whp). Most mods will improve mpg as long as you don't floor it everywhere. http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48123 <------ this is a link to the Stage definitions. Most people may tell you to search a little harder but your new. Hope this helps.

I have always like the LGT ever since it came out and now it is finally around my price range...the subaru dealership down the street is selling a 5mt 06 lgt 60,000 miles for 16.9? what do you think good price? Also, its silver still stuck between black and silver, blacks sweet looking but silver wont kill you in the heat as much...but anyway i had a few questions which i did search and didnt find many rock solid answers.

1. As far as i see it the LGT 5MT Tranny is better than the wrx tranny which has a really bad name for itself?

2. Knowing im going to do mods to the thing would my gas miliage go down that much?

3. What the hell is stage 2? stage 2 what? this will be my first turbo car so i dont know anything but naturally aspirated hondas...if you "going to stage 2" what the heck does that mean?

Thanks alot guys im really thinking about picking this car up soon!

If heat is your reason for getting silver when you like black better, I'd get the black. The interior color plays a much greater part than exterior. Since both have black interior, you're going to be baking either way.

1. The LGT 5MT is significantly stronger than the older WRX 5MTs you hear about breaking gears.

2. When I went to stage 2, I lost about 2 MPG. Maybe a custom tune would help...

3. Stage 2 is the addition of a downpipe and engine management. Most people with 05 and 06 LGTs also add an uppipe to prevent turbo damage. Many definitions of stage 2 also include a catback, but for the money, there isn't much power to be gained by adding a catback.

I just bought an 06 5mt LGT 1.5 months ago with 31K miles for $18K. Excellent shape, clear carfax.

Sounds a little high to me. Sit and negotiate. Time is your friend/their enemy. Oh, and wait till the middle of next week. It's the end of the month, and they'll be selling anything to make their monthly sales #'s. GOOD LUCK!

ok i test drove the car again today for about 3 hours straight, lmao, they didnt like that when i came back but i guess i can laugh in the back of my mind...anyway omg im buying this car...if not this one a legacy gt, i cant think of any cons to it besides i like having a bck wiper and the as tanks on the right side(dont really understand why they would think ppl want to walk around the car every day they get gas...it does have a DEEP scratch on the rear quarter panel next to the trunk about 4 inches long and they scraped the bumper down to black on the front bumper...also has toyo proxes in the back and michelin in front, that kind of bothers me...i talked to the car salesmen and the manager, which the manager was a D*CK and they said they wont budge...im thinking i could get a better deal i guess if i wait...what do you think? interiors MiNT though...oh and one fog lights out...

ok i test drove the car again today for about 3 hours straight, lmao, they didnt like that when i came back but i guess i can laugh in the back of my mind...anyway omg im buying this car...if not this one a legacy gt, i cant think of any cons to it besides i like having a bck wiper and the as tanks on the right side(dont really understand why they would think ppl want to walk around the car every day they get gas...it does have a DEEP scratch on the rear quarter panel next to the trunk about 4 inches long and they scraped the bumper down to black on the front bumper...also has toyo proxes in the back and michelin in front, that kind of bothers me...i talked to the car salesmen and the manager, which the manager was a D*CK and they said they wont budge...im thinking i could get a better deal i guess if i wait...what do you think? interiors MiNT though...oh and one fog lights out...

I'd be a little leery of the damage, though it doesn't sound structural at all. I'd be more concerned about the different tires. On these vehicles, or any vehicle with limited slip differentials, it's very important that the tires all have the same rolling diameter. Even having new tires on the rear and old tires up front can be enough of a difference to damage the center differential in some cases. I'd be very on the fence with this car as well. They are selling under book for the mileage, but justifiably so.

dont get the car depending on how long its had mismatched tires the diffs are going to go a lot sooner than they othewise would especially if you are doing power mods. Rule one with awd never mismatch the tires.

I have an 06 I love it.

This deal is sounding worse as you add more details. Time to keep looking.

Autotrader has 10 LGT's with a manual within 100 miles of Brewster listed. 35 if you don't car which tranny you get. Any color you want too. Another good source is cars.com. Just an idea.

I would have to agree with everyone, It isn't sounding like such a good deal.

And as for the gas tank. It is made by a japanees company and they drive on the other side of the car there. They don't like to re-tool anything unless they have to. It is not required to have the gas cap on the same side as the driver, so no re-tooling was done.

Oh, and the silver just rocks. I had a Black Baja turbo and I saw every swerl mark, nick, minor and major scratch, and door ding/dent. With my silver LGT, I almost never notice any of these.

Ben (2014 Outback SAP w/ eyesite, 2014 Tribeca Limited, 2006 LGT limited sedan)

Subaru Ambassador PNW

well now im getting worried...i told them today i would buy the car and i filled out a credit app...lol...but anyway the toyo proxes on the rear look brand new and they said theyll put new ones in the front because it would pass the subaru inspection anyway....cars 16,995 + 1500 for 4 year 48k mile warrenty added and + tax 8.6% watever that is...i REALLy want the car the thing that really gets me is the interior is MINT they said they never detailed the car which by the outside you can tell lol...but its so clean and still smells like a new car...also you can eat off the motor...

Uh oh, it looks like they've got you. Have you had an independant mechanic look at it yet? When mine was sitting on the lot with only 30K miles on it, it looked mint too. But, I still took it to a mechanic that I trusted to look it over. Also, what does the carfax say?

i went through 5 bovs. well im on my 5th.

just keep the stocker on. it'll be okay through stage 2.

if you want the noise just get a 50-50 bov like the AVO or GFB.

car for sale. PM me!

ya i did, they are putting toyo proxes all around and ill have a 4 year 48k miles warranty...so how could i go wrong, they somewhat fixed the sxratches in the front buffed them out a bit and where it was black the panted it silver to match, cant notice it that well...i love the car and every other LGT i find is auto...thats very upsetting about the BOV though, i def want that sound like the WRX...what does 50/50 mean? remember im new to turbo dont hate, also which one would you recommend for stage 2?

what sounds like the wrx. they have a bypass valve like ours that doesnt make any sound when you shift.

just search for bov information. go to the turbo forum.

car for sale. PM me!

Archived