LegacyGT.com

Looking at a 2005 Legacy 2.5 GT Limited, advice??

My fiancee is tired of driving her Blazer and is looking to trade it in. She wants a fast car and was looking at a WRX since I have one and she wants a car that is quick too.

Since I already have a WRX I suggested a turbocharged Legacy since she liked the look of it already, but was not aware of it being turbo charged.

I found a 2005 Legacy 2.5 GT Limited with 51,XXX for $19,998. Its a 5 speed.

http://images.cars.com/supersized/DMI/25671/5532U.jpg

Any common issues with the car??? i.e. wrx and 04 sti's have common issues with transmission rattle on deceleration.

Thanks in advanced.

Its an AWESOME car but with that many miles I would have thought the price would be lower!

Thanks for the input. we kelly blue booked it and it was a little over 20,XXX. Then we looked at Nada and they list it as 18,XXX. We were thinking of trying to get it down 1k or maybe more.

Suggestions on prices??:rolleyes:

Okay hold the F up everyone----- Notice he's looking at it at a dealership lot. Of course it's going to be more so everyone calm down on the price.

Mind ~ If you can find one from a private sale, you will probably get a better dealer than from a dealer. Make sure you carfax it and check for records.

Best of luck.

Ewww, I can't believe someone stuck a sunroof deflector on a LGT. The stock popup device works fine.

Most of the time people stick that on simply to show others they have a sunroof -- how very 1989 of them.

Okay hold the F up everyone----- Notice he's looking at it at a dealership lot. Of course it's going to be more so everyone calm down on the price.

Mind ~ If you can find one from a private sale, you will probably get a better dealer than from a dealer. Make sure you carfax it and check for records.

Best of luck.

I got my 05 from a dealer as well

Too expensive. I got my 2005 LGT with 31K miles for little over 18K a year and half ago.

Later edit: whoops, mine is not a limited though.

When you end up getting it, you'll wanna switch rides with your woman. Trust me on this one so get ready for it :)

Thanks a bunch for the input guys. We'll probably hold off for a private sale. But we did get the dealer to go down to 17,9XX w/o the trade in, and he said thats as low as he can go, but that was over the phone. Maybe if we go there we can get it down to 17 flat. Would that be a better figure????

Would it be worth it even if the Blazer is not paid off yet and it would be an upside down figure. Or should we try to sale it first. :mad: It blue books at 7k and we owe about 7k:spin:. That car sucks. :lol:

Ewww, I can't believe someone stuck a sunroof deflector on a LGT. The stock popup device works fine.

Most of the time people stick that on simply to show others they have a sunroof -- how very 1989 of them.

Deflector is there because its a moonroof!!! which is what my fiancee wants with her car.

Try to sell your car private, trade in will rip you off a few thousand.

If you want convenience do a trade-in but it will hurt your wallet big time.

My sister wanted to trade in her 2000 Eclipse GS to a Nissan dealer, they offered 3.5K. She sold it for 7K private.

I also went from a Blazer to an '05 LGT Limited. I paid $18k w/30k miles, last year.

$20K is too high. Base your pricing on www.galves.com. Thats the price that a dealer most likely owns the car for. Its the trade-in price they probably offered to the previous owner of that car. It doesn't mean thats the price your going to pay, but its a start when negotiating for a car. $1000-1500 above galves is usually a decent price to pay for a car.

Deflector is there because its a moonroof!!! which is what my fiancee wants with her car.

Sun/moon roof is just a term. Every car since the 1980s with one has also had a popup deflector that prevents the weird cabin pressurization that can happen with the windows closed.

If you add a deflector, it's just so people can see you've got a roof even when it's not open. It serves no other value. My mother's Hyundai Azera came with one (dealer optioned) and I removed it the second it got home. It's just something to collect dirt and debris, not to mention it messes up the car's fluid lines.

If you owe $7,000 and they will give you $7,000 you are not upsidedown. When you owe more than your car is worth that is upsidedown. As long as you can afford to finance 100% or put some money down, it shouldn't be a problem. The benifit of trading instead of selling private is that you get to deduct the amount of your trade from taxes. But since you still have some to pay the bank, I'm not sure how that will work. The other benifit of buying from a respectable dealer is that if something goes wrong, you have somebody to go back to. It's also nice to build a relationship with a dealer if you can get service there. I think once you get the price down in the 17's as long as it appraises for near that, it's good. Just my $.02
2011 WRX Hatch currently. Looking for OXT or FXT for new daily to go with the WRX.

Got my 05 LGT Ltd wagon from a dealer last Oct for like $20k with 41k miles. They originally offered me $3000 for my 99 Audi A4. Once I got myself back up off the floor from laughing I told them I would buy the car that day if they gave $7500 for the Audi...They did and I :wub: my Subie. Almost as many whistles and bells as the Audi, but newer, faster, handles better, is more reliable and is WAAAAAYYY cheaper to fix :)

Go for it!

Archived