LegacyGT.com

Limited Leather Seats

IB6UB9

I am trying to decide between an '05 LGT and an '05 TL...I just read a bunch of reviews about the TL which had many people complaining about the cheap leather quality. I am wondering if the LGT's leather is also poor, or if it's possibly better than the Acura TL's.

I've never sat in a TL so I can't comment there. As far as the LGT's leather goes, I've seen cheaper material and much better. Check out a new one on the lot and compare for yourself... they haven't changed any.
ignore him, he'll go away.

my friend had an 04 TL i believe (could have been 03 or 05 not sure) anyhow, I sat in his car multiple times and have test driven the 05LGT as im in the market for one myself, I didnt find the TL to be of poor quality in terms of reliability but I think the LGT was softer leather, like somebody said though sit in it for yourself and compare on the lot is the only sure fire way to tell what you think

my friend had an 04 TL i believe (could have been 03 or 05 not sure) anyhow, I sat in his car multiple times and have test driven the 05LGT as im in the market for one myself, I didnt find the TL to be of poor quality in terms of reliability but I think the LGT was softer leather, like somebody said though sit in it for yourself and compare on the lot is the only sure fire way to tell what you think

I will, but I wanted to ask some LGT owners what they thought about the leather in their cars to get an honest opinion.

I actually work in the industry and supply leather seats to auto manufacturers. I won't comment as to which leather is better. Just some pointers for you to go by. Softer leather, while it will feel better will show more wrinkles and cracks more quickly.

Also, as far as treating leather, you want to do nothing to it in terms of the first year of ownership. Leather can be worked for some time before it needs to be treated for preservation.

Best of luck, but with either car, the leather is above most other brands like the big three as most of their seats are not even leather at all.

Monk

I actually work in the industry and supply leather seats to auto manufacturers. I won't comment as to which leather is better. Just some pointers for you to go by. Softer leather, while it will feel better will show more wrinkles and cracks more quickly.

Also, as far as treating leather, you want to do nothing to it in terms of the first year of ownership. Leather can be worked for some time before it needs to be treated for preservation.

Best of luck, but with either car, the leather is above most other brands like the big three as most of their seats are not even leather at all.

Monk

Thanks for the most vague reply in the history of online forums. If I'm buying a used car over 2 years old, there's not much I can do about how the leather was treated in the first year. Who are the big three?

I am trying to decide between an '05 LGT and an '05 TL...I just read a bunch of reviews about the TL which had many people complaining about the cheap leather quality. I am wondering if the LGT's leather is also poor, or if it's possibly better than the Acura TL's.

I'm satisfied w/ my leather in my 2005 LGT Limited wagon. It's not plush, but it's not supposed to be. The perforated leather is intended to be sporty, not plush, similar to the perforated leather that's in the TL Type S.

BTW, the TL is a very nice car, but it's FWD and therefore an "appliance" in my view. It's a car that I often recommend to people who aren't enthusiasts, but not something I would ever own. Then again, I would own a $16K AWD Suzuki SX4 over a $32K FWD Acura TL. :p

I find them irritating, both on oncoming cars and ones following behind. People want them because they are flashy and cool (and perhaps because they are blue which we all know is a bad color for contrast)

Then you'll hate mine!!!

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t112/gogators222/95accord010.jpg

I actually hate them now, because my car stands out way too much to the police.

Monk

Monk, you sound like a wealth of insider info. Tell us more... *drooling*

I had a 02 TL and did a TON of mods to the car. As far as the leather goes, it feels about the same as my 06 LGT. The seats were a bit softer in the TL but the leather was about the same. I think fit and finish is a little bit nicer in the TL overall as the big A has been doing semi-lux interiors longer than Subie.

In terms of performance and driving, the LGT ANY day!!!!

Nice CB9 IB6UB9. Do you have any more pics of it?

I like my HID's and since the legacy has projectors, they look very much stock.

Sebbery is just sour normally, you'll learn that with time. :lol:

X

---

Well, the durability standards of HONDA/Acura models are much more severe than most other manufacturers out there. By that I mean they cover a wider gambit of tests along with longer durability cycles. Mainly because HONDA considers the life of their vehicles to be 10 years while most consider it 7 years.

I am not aware of the SOA durability standards for interior components, so it is hard to compare.

I think the models are vastly different in other terms before you start focusing on the leather seats. That is my two cents. Even though I work with them every day, I try not to be too critical of a vehicle for specifics as I would never be satisfied.

Monk

one day when you have several hours of freetime, visit the acurazine forums and type in "buttprint" in the search query. make sure you remember to get up and stretch every couple of hours or so to avoid cramps.

Wow dude, I thought you were kidding...but there are tons of threads about butt prints on acurazine.com!!!!!!!!!!! lmao

Butt prints FTL :spin:

Archived