LegacyGT.com

License Plate holes on front bumper

chestermere

I recently bought a 2008 Spec B from the US (Joe Spitz in Seattle). Unfortunately they installed the temporary "dealer advertisement" plate on the rear and front. The problem is that up here in Alberta Canada, I don't need a plate on the front. So now I've got 2 ugly holes on my front bumper. As you can imagine, there are the holes, but also the edge of the holes have an elevated rim from where the screw threads bored into the bumper cover and lifted some of the plastic material.:(

I'm looking for some suggestions on fixing, or plugging or anything else.

Thanks.

Heya, I was in the same boat. I just went to home depot and bought 2 black screw caps and 2 inserts. You take out the screw, threat it through the insert, and then into your bumper. Then just snap the cap on. I think it was about $1 for all of them. The plan is to get some touch-up paint and re-do them in the body colour. They come in white, black, and brown, and you can find them in the bin aisle where all the fasteners are.

I picked up a set of Mercedes bumper plugs 2.50 for both & used my GRP touch up paint, turned out pretty good:):):)

I really do not understand why the dealer does not offer a better solution than just drilling into the bumper:mad:

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

Get plastic hole plugs from Home Depot, paint them with touchup paint, or a disposable sprayer. It'll cost you half as much as buying the Bumper Plug.com plugs...which is basically all they are, plastic painted hole plugs.

I believe I've covered this elsewhere...but I am active in too many damn forums.

I am surprised they did that. I got my '08 Spec B in April. Aside from being treated like a celebrity for getting the first 2008 Spec B. My dealer asked if he should drill/install the front plate bracket. I said, I guess so since it front plates are required in our state...but they didn't do it. Which is great and I am going to drive it without front plates till the lawdogs make me not. But as a chick I can probably get away with playing the helpless-dumb routine about it for many years.

I hear these things about retarded dealers and am grateful to have such a great one. It is Subaru only location with no other makes to confuse folks and I wonder if that has anything to do with it.

Archived