LegacyGT.com

LGT Wagon or Sedan?

Hi,

I test drove the LGT sedan and like the car very much in terms of handling and performance. However, since the wagon is not available for test drive, I just wonder how wagon is compared to sedan in terms of handling and also interior noise level. Is the sound insulation of wagon worse than that of sedan?

Thanks

If you want a LGT wagon you will have to find an '07. The only wagon for '08 will be an Outback. You will need to test drive an Outback to see if it will work for you. Also be aware that there are different trans options, or lack of, between the wagons and sedans.

Hope that helps a bit.

Peace,

Greg

Hi,

I test drove the LGT sedan and like the car very much in terms of handling and performance. However, since the wagon is not available for test drive, I just wonder how wagon is compared to sedan in terms of handling and also interior noise level. Is the sound insulation of wagon worse than that of sedan?

Thanks

Handling is virtually the same. Unlike Impreza, sedan and wagon have identical track width. They are essentially the same (all suspension parts interchangble, ONLY rear springs are little longer on wagon to compensate for extra weight). One can argue extra weight in the back actually helps a little bit.

Just the wagon is far more useful and better looking :) Legacy was designed to be the wagon in the first place, sedan is just a hack job inspired by Camry :lol: In Japan wagons out sell sedans 10:1.

Wagon is very quiet. In fact, there is extra insulation in the back plus the upholstery in the cargo area is high quality, pretty upscale in fact, where sedan has pretty cheap stuff no different what I had in 98 Altima.

Big wagon plus is lots of headroom for rear seat passangers - matters with child booster seats with high head rests.

Hurry up, wagons are gone for the U.S. market (what a shame) for 2008. You need to find a 2007, which are hard to come buy, plus offer no trim choices - only auto, unfortunatelly.

While I don't have a GT, and while I drool over the GT, I gotta say go for the wagon....my Limited wagon is awesome, minus the hp of the GT.

Plus, the HUGE sunroof is great for duck hunting. At least that's what the salesman told me...tongue in cheek of course.

I was originally shopping for a coupe, but figured since I couldn't find a two-door (+AWD +power +good value) that I liked, then I might as well skip the sedan and go for the extra storage. I (heart) my wagon. Lots of space (fits a 183cm snowboard easily), easy access to the goods, and gives me a nice place to sit while I gear up. Could probably sleep back there in a pinch.

Downside? It adds about 50 pounds over the sedan. But half of that is probably the bitchin' huge sunroof, so again it's worth it.

I never thought I'd drive something with a proper back seat, but I have no regrets.

If I had to do it all over again, I would have taken a closer look at the LL Bean Sedan or the XT. I opted for the GT becasue it was just that much fun. Didn't need the wagon because I have a FXT as well. Wasn't able to test a LLB sedan becasue no one in CA had one for me to test.

Ben (2014 Outback SAP w/ eyesite, 2014 Tribeca Limited, 2006 LGT limited sedan)

Subaru Ambassador PNW

I'd get a wagon if I could do it again. I've had mine 6 months and I'm convinced. If your hobbies take you outdoors, go with the wagon.

I seriously hope they bring the STI version of the legacy wagon soon. No more legacy wagons for 08 is a bad sign. Unless they saved the wagon for the STI. :)

Archived