LegacyGT.com

Are LGT and spec.B brakes and rotors the same?

BigBlack-V

I have an 08 LGT with a BBK in the front and I am looking to pick up a stock set of LGT brakes,calipers and rotors with 28K miles on them. I would like to know if the LGT and spec.B brake system are the same?

If so are the setup for the fronts brakes,rotors and calipers worth $250?

I was 0.

And I'm still a zero.

:lol:

OK, that's twice someone has said they are the same.... so according to my 2009 brochure...

Legacy PZEV, 2.5i, 3.0R front ventilated discs (291mm x 24mm) dual piston

SpecB front ventilated discs (312mm x 33mm) dual piston

Legacy PZEV, 2.5i, 3.0R rear solid discs (270mm x 10mm) single piston

SpecB rear ventilated discs (287mm x 18mm) single piston

again this is for 2009, not sure about any prior years

2013 Ford Taurus SHO

2009 Spec.B SWP Stg 2+ Airboy tuned

2010 Toyota Sequoia Platinum 5.7

OK, that's twice someone has said they are the same.... so according to my 2009 brochure...

Legacy PZEV, 2.5i, 3.0R front ventilated discs (291mm x 24mm) dual piston

SpecB front ventilated discs (312mm x 33mm) dual piston

Legacy PZEV, 2.5i, 3.0R rear solid discs (270mm x 10mm) single piston

SpecB rear ventilated discs (287mm x 18mm) single piston

again this is for 2009, not sure about any prior years

That's comparing the N/A models with the Spec B... where's the GT vs Spec B comparison for rotor size? :)

I suppose if Subaru did issue separate rotor part numbers, there could be a couple mm difference but it wouldn't matter for the OP's question since the calipers are the same

Subaru did change the part numbers slightly, but I don't have the detailed specs..

26300AG000 '03, November — '04, September

26300AG001 '04, September — '04, December

26300AG02A '04, December — '05, May; '04, October — '06, June; '08, January —

That's comparing the N/A models with the Spec B... where's the GT vs Spec B comparison for rotor size? :)

I suppose if Subaru did issue separate rotor part numbers, there could be a couple mm difference but it wouldn't matter for the OP's question since the calipers are the same

Subaru did change the part numbers slightly, but I don't have the detailed specs..

Hey that's right! The GT wasn't listed on the brochure... this was taken from my Canadian brochure, so I guess the GT wasn't available in '09 in Canada? I didn't realize that at first. I suppose then the sizes might very well be the same then between the GT and specB and likely are the same, which is what the OP was trying to determine in the first place, sorry for the confusion :redface:

2013 Ford Taurus SHO

2009 Spec.B SWP Stg 2+ Airboy tuned

2010 Toyota Sequoia Platinum 5.7

I have an 08 LGT with a BBK in the front and I am looking to pick up a stock set of LGT brakes,calipers and rotors with 28K miles on them. I would like to know if the LGT and spec.B brake system are the same?

If so are the setup for the fronts brakes,rotors and calipers worth $250?

Yes, they are the same and $250 is a fair price for the fronts.

Just curious - why are you downgrading?

The change in part numbers is probably due to the newer models using the different finish on the calipers. The calipers seem to the the non-rusting aluminum? on the later models.

Yes, they are the same and $250 is a fair price for the fronts.

Just curious - why are you downgrading?

I am not removing the Rotora BBK i just want to keep these around as I dont have the original front set. Just in case I need them one day or the BBK fails for some odd reason

I was 0.

And I'm still a zero.

I would say OEM blanks are fine for most daily driver applications. Cryo treated usually tends to resist rust a bit better. Slotted is great in theory, but really comes down to personal preference. Personally, I have non-cryo slotted rotors with my Brembo swap. I will probably switch to cryo blanks when it's time.

As Fred Beans said... blanks are fine. I've raced and tested a lot of brakes over the years and we've come to the conclusion that Centric or OEM blanks will last about 10% shorter than say a DBA4000 Slotted rotor with negligable difference in performance. The cost however is 50% less than the DBA4000s. This is from testing on the LGT on track and on the street....

-mike

PS: I see you are local to us (we are in NNJ) if you need anything let us know and we can help you out.

Seeing that I have a Rotora BBK on my car (which came with the car) and the front 13" rotors are slotted and drilled. Should when the time comes I get just slotted or blank rotors from Rotora as a replacement?

Do I need to go with Rotora rotors when the time comes with a Rotora 4 pot BBk on the front?

Jay

I was 0.

And I'm still a zero.

Seeing that I have a Rotora BBK on my car (which came with the car) and the front 13" rotors are slotted and drilled. Should when the time comes I get just slotted or blank rotors from Rotora as a replacement?

Do I need to go with Rotora rotors when the time comes with a Rotora 4 pot BBk on the front?

Jay

As long as you get a rotor that has the same dimensions, it won't matter, so you could get a different brand rotor. Slotted and drilled is basically pointless.. all you are doing is killing your brake pads faster. Blank rotors would be fine but if you are intent on some bling, slotted is ok.

As long as you get a rotor that has the same dimensions, it won't matter, so you could get a different brand rotor. Slotted and drilled is basically pointless.. all you are doing is killing your brake pads faster. Blank rotors would be fine but if you are intent on some bling, slotted is ok.

The car came with the slotted and drilled which if and when I replace them I will do just slotted if not blanks. I need to figure out what the dimensions are though.

I was 0.

And I'm still a zero.

• 4 years later...

Archived