LegacyGT.com

Lets Play What's that in my center console!

So I had my whole center console opened up this weekend and noticed that there is a round black thing leading up to but about an inch from the case of the storage box. There are 3 wires. One red, one white, and one black. The only words are: do not remove. What is it?

Sounds like it is a relay. The three wires lead me to believe that it is for an aux control of some sort. Is there a free panel above it in the center console?

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

Does your console have the 12v aux power outlet in the storage compartment?

No, but we might be on to something here. I dont have the heated seats. Maybe it is some sort of prewiring for them. Hmmm...

The three wires are what lead me to believe it is for a switch with multiple settings. More than just your basic 'on/off' setting.

Is the red wire hot? Does your car have a sunroof or fog lights? Any idea where switches like that would be located if you did?

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

I would say if it has warning stickers all over it it probably has something to do with the airbags

It doesnt. Just one imbeded print into the rubber. And I put the console back together, but its not hard to get apart.

Acz I knew you would come to the rescue! Perhaps because we are the only two active BDs here. Anyway, its pouring and hailing here so Im gonna wait to take that pic. And 24 is on in an hour!

Archived