M5 killa

rumurs says that

it will have 350 hp to the wheels :shock: :mrgreen:

can't wait

878246254_LegacySTi3.jpg.5a0b385c5bb59c130434ffc1e60abab9.jpg

Perrin BIG maf intake

Perrin Turbo Inlet

HKS SSQV BOV

Megan Racing header with UP (ceramic coated)

HKS DP (WRX)

DMH E-cutout

Custom 3" catback

UTEC

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cool pics. I've been trying to find more but Google and Subaru have been stingy. Can't wait to see what they announce this week. Sorry I had to remove the ability to link to avatars, as I have no way to control the size. You can upload avatars up to 128 x128, which is pretty big. :D

[quote name='SUBE555']Hate to burst some bubbles, it's only a std GT or MAYBE a Spec B with the S401 BBS wheels, STi Springs, the dual-tip mufflers, and some aestetic work for the most part. Sorry.[/quote] Yeah, we're all aware that an STi Legacy is a bit of a dream at the moment. We can only hope that with a positive Legacy following perhaps Subaru will offer a better alternative to the BMW M3 and Audi S4. :twisted:

[quote name='team23jordan']Legacy STi is ultimate pimpness M5 killa rumurs says that it will have 350 hp to the wheels :shock: :mrgreen: can't wait[/quote] You mean that the rumor is 350hp at the crank. :wink:

• 2 months later...
I know Im reaching way way way too far here but is there any news of this car becoming a REAL reality. If Japan and NZ are anything to go by, as soon as the GT STi's hit the World market, they would be snapped up as quick as a fat kid eating the last cupcake! I know that you could by a lot of the plug and play parts but I think a bulletproof edition from STi would certainly raise the bar!

[quote name='agctr']I know Im reaching way way way too far here but is there any news of this car becoming a REAL reality. If Japan and NZ are anything to go by, as soon as the GT STi's hit the World market, they would be snapped up as quick as a fat kid eating the last cupcake! I know that you could by a lot of the plug and play parts but I think a bulletproof edition from STi would certainly raise the bar![/quote] I've never heard of an STi Legacy making it into production. Its HIGHLY unlikely that it would be 350hp at the wheel (if it makes it into production). As for the GT STi's being snapped up by NZ and Jap that is very unlikely. Steering wheel is on the right side. :?: :evil:

We'll hear about one in Japan first before anything. In any case, 350whp is something beween 400 and 450chp meaning that's WAY high for mfg ratings. I just don't ever see that happening from any Subaru model- ever.

I think if STi were to bring out a warmed up edition of the GT, Im more than sure it would sell well. Im positive that STi would at least bring out some plug and play parts if it didnt actually support a full running version of the STi. Panos, Hmm not sure what u mean by the steering wheel being on the right side of the car as Jap/NZ/AUS spec cars are all on the right side, not the left side. Im sure u had your reason for stating that, from here, its all good !

[quote name='agctr']I think if STi were to bring out a warmed up edition of the GT, Im more than sure it would sell well. [/quote] I don't think that it would, if you'll allow me to disagree. People are carping about the cost of the GT Limited as being too high, and assuredly, an STi Legacy would be more expensive than a Limited. Traditionally, STi upgrades involve braking and handling, with minor power upgrades. Two notable recent exceptions are the WRX STi and the Forester STi in the JDM market. But the STi is $32K, and it is definitely NOT selling all that well. It's tanking, as a matter of fact. I would figure an STi Legacy to need about a $33-$34 base price tag to be reasonably profitable. I just can't see anyone buying one at that price, particularly considering the STi fondness for manual transmissions, something that would go over like a lead balloon in the USDM, where the bulk of Legacies sold will be with the autobox. Mind you, I'd love to be wrong. :D Kevin

Hey Kevin, totally hear what you are saying although in Japan anything that isnt standard, meaning more grunt over the current WRX STi, the Japanese (and the rest of the World = AUS/NZ/UK) are screaming, please sir, more! For example when the 22B & S401 went on sale, within a matter of weeks, all 400 units of each were sold. Hence this would have paid for Subaru's R&D costs. I'm not sure what the market is like in the US but the UK/AUS/NZ & Jap markets are craving more power over the current STi WRX. I know for a fact that if STi Australia could get there hands on anything else other than the STi WRX, they would grab it in a second. Here in Oz we are told that the lower fuel grade is the reason why we dont get any STi stove-hot versions as they have to adjust the fuel management system and this is a costly exercise. Im sure it is, but if STi offered a extra cost solution tick box to fix this problem......... well Im sure it would be a ticking frenzy

[quote name='SUBE555']A little bird says you guys will be be seeing more displacement in the near future. ;)[/quote] Hey Sube, the extra displacement, do u mean for the Oz market? If so, will that happen any time soon and do u have any figures?

[quote name='gtguy']Traditionally, STi upgrades involve braking and handling, with minor power upgrades. Two notable recent exceptions are the WRX STi and the Forester STi in the JDM market. But the STi is $32K, and it is definitely NOT selling all that well. It's tanking, as a matter of fact. [/quote] I'm just curious as to where you got this information from? I haven't seen any confirmation of this anywhere but I have seen lots of rumors both ways. I for one would be willing to make the jump to an Legacy STi. Depending on how much HP that came along with it I would be willing to pay low to mid 30s for it.

[quote name='ha-evolution'][quote name='gtguy']Traditionally, STi upgrades involve braking and handling, with minor power upgrades. Two notable recent exceptions are the WRX STi and the Forester STi in the JDM market. But the STi is $32K, and it is definitely NOT selling all that well. It's tanking, as a matter of fact. [/quote] I'm just curious as to where you got this information from? I haven't seen any confirmation of this anywhere but I have seen lots of rumors both ways. I for one would be willing to make the jump to an Legacy STi. Depending on how much HP that came along with it I would be willing to pay low to mid 30s for it.[/quote] The braking and handling stuff is just what STi usually do, hence the "traditionally." The WRX STi price is a known factor (though MSRP, not real world). STi, for it to actually be into making its own, massively-powered models such as people are speculating about with some 350-hp Legacy STi, would have to be similar to BMW's M division, or the AMG side of Mercedes. That kind of stuff runs a lot of dosh, and just isn't cost effective for a manufacturer the size of Subaru/STi. Kevin

Archived