LegacyGT.com

Legacy Spec B - Europe or US?

Hello,

I'm from Europe (Romania) and I want a Legacy Spec B.

The main difference between Europe Spec B and US Spec B is the engine - in EU is 3.0 without turbo, in US is 2.5 turbo.

I would definitely go for turbo engine that's way I'm investigating other differences.

For example someone told be that the clutch and suspension on US Spec B are very uncomfortable and difficult to use in daily traffic. He told me that these clutch and suspensions are from Impreza STI so they are very professional, sport-style things.

On the other hand, the EU Spec B is ok, the clutch is not hard and the suspensions are acceptable.

What are my expectations: I drive a Ford Focus 1.6l, 100 cp, 5 speed manual gearbox and I need to change it for a more powerful, stable and fast car. I don’t want to tune my car, I don’t want to improve performance, but I want it to be also comfortable (from the suspensions and wind noise point of view), fun to drive and easier that a Impreza STI.

By the way, I had a drive test with the new Impreza WRX hatchback (I think is the same engine as in legacy GT Spec B) I loved it! This is the king of engine, clutch and suspensions I’d like to have. What I didn’t like was the appearance of the car: the interior is poor (the quality of plastics is not high, the features are not so luxury as in legacy, etc), the exterior is nice but is too obvious, is not for me.

So, I’d like the engine, clutch and suspensions from Impreza WRX in a Legacy shape. Is this GT Spec B?

Do you know how these things (clutch and suspensions) are in GT Spec B?

Thank you!

Thats an easy fix, just get a Legacy GT limited. It has more comfortable suspension and it comes with the 5 speed the WRX comes with. So you wont have to worry about to tight suspension and a ridgid clutch, although im sure the Spec Bs clutch is fine for daily driving. And yes the LGT has more power than the WRX

Archived