LegacyGT.com

Legacy GT moved from STU to STX

iggybdawg

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

bah. i may run stx with no cats and an aftermarket TMIC locally. if i start killing it in pax, ill try to find a stock DP and put my stock IC back on.

having STX as an option is gonna make things exciting. ESP pax isnt what it used to be.

I thought you can't run STX with a front LSD. I was just going to get that added last. I'm rationing out my money to build the car to not raise my wife's eyebrows. She was telling me to trade up to an STI, but I truly think I can get faster than an STI with less money.

By the way, our local region has a Street Tire class for everyone not in Street Touring that wants to run street tires. I was the champ in 2010 and 2011 running my car with a DS pax. Seems like I have passed on the baton - a dude showed up in a brand new WRX with 255 wide street tires and spanked us all with his DS pax and better raw times. He also took advantage of the rule change allowing stock to add a front or rear sway bar. He chose the rear bar.

A lot of regions have adopted more street tire classes, since nationally there's now Road Tire AWD, Road Tire FWD, and Road Tire RWD in stock.

A few other local regions have made a SP/SM street tire class. I'd run in the SP/SM tire class myself, but you aren't eligible for year end pax and the pax isn't that good in the first place. It's been pretty well received in Philly where they have a large turnout, but in my smaller participation region, it just dilutes the classes.

I thought you can't run STX with a front LSD. I was just going to get that added last. I'm rationing out my money to build the car to not raise my wife's eyebrows. She was telling me to trade up to an STI, but I truly think I can get faster than an STI with less money.

a quick read of the rules and STX allows the addition of 1 standard LSD. so ill all good there.

A lot of regions have adopted more street tire classes, since nationally there's now Road Tire AWD, Road Tire FWD, and Road Tire RWD in stock.

A few other local regions have made a SP/SM street tire class. I'd run in the SP/SM tire class myself, but you aren't eligible for year end pax and the pax isn't that good in the first place. It's been pretty well received in Philly where they have a large turnout, but in my smaller participation region, it just dilutes the classes.

are your running r-comps yet or are you on Street tires?

NNJR has a SP/SM street tire class as well. but it makes more sense to run STX at that point.

are your running r-comps yet or are you on Street tires?

NNJR has a SP/SM street tire class as well. but it makes more sense to run STX at that point.

Still on streets. Z1s

I was going to replace them with a set of take offs as the Z1s are due to be replaced this season. I'd much prefer to stay on them b/c I'm too lazy to change my setup before and after the events.

sorry to rain on your parade, but that was a big factor scaring me off of STU. No matter if I could match the STIs and Evos on power, I had the open front diff to deal with.

Still, I plan on doing STX for awhile, then getting the front LSD and going to ESP.

Still on streets. Z1s

I was going to replace them with a set of take offs as the Z1s are due to be replaced this season. I'd much prefer to stay on them b/c I'm too lazy to change my setup before and after the events.

you gonna run the national tour event this year?

sorry to rain on your parade, but that was a big factor scaring me off of STU. No matter if I could match the STIs and Evos on power, I had the open front diff to deal with.

Still, I plan on doing STX for awhile, then getting the front LSD and going to ESP.

STU still scares me. the current top driver in a STI in STU in NNJR runs just as fast, if not faster than me most of the time, and im on r-comps. Im usually neck and neck with him.

Archived