LegacyGT.com

Legacy F/R weight distribution?

Wagon is 50/50
Where do you get this?

From the specifications (vacation pix SPC-5/6), for the wagon it says 1830lbs front and 1525lbs rear for curb weight. That is 54.5%/45.5%. For the sedan it says 1830/1470 or 55.4%/44.6%. They are pretty close, with the wagon having an additional 55lbs in the rear.

If you instead look at gross weight, both the sedan and wagon are the same at 50/50, but who drives around at 4435lbs?

--Lee

Where do you get this?

From the specifications (vacation pix SPC-5/6), for the wagon it says 1830lbs front and 1525lbs rear for curb weight. That is 54.5%/45.5%. For the sedan it says 1830/1470 or 55.4%/44.6%. They are pretty close, with the wagon having an additional 55lbs in the rear.

If you instead look at gross weight, both the sedan and wagon are the same at 50/50, but who drives around at 4435lbs?

--Lee

S4 drivers...:lol:

Ich bin echt viel netter, wenn ich nuechtern bin. Echt!

Yes, but slightly more weight and probably a higher center of gravity. Not that I'd ever give up my 5MT wagon for a sedan, but I suspect the sedans have a very slight theoretical handling edge (i.e. if everything else was equal, driver included).

Yes, but slightly more weight and probably a higher center of gravity. Not that I'd ever give up my 5MT wagon for a sedan, but I suspect the sedans have a very slight theoretical handling edge (i.e. if everything else was equal, driver included).

I disagree on both points. Subarus CG is very low due to the boxer and sym AWD layout. Also, the wagons all have more weight in the rear and are better balanced. Sure they are a tad heavier but not enough to matter.

I agree that in reality none of the weight-related differences between the LGT sedans and wagons matters. I'm just saying in theory, if somehow *everything* else was equal, there'd be a *slight* difference. That's not an opinion or guess, that's a fact. The sedan having the slight advantage is just a guess of course.

As far as CG goes, nothing you mentioned is unique to the wagon.

Btw, yet another point to consider is that the wagon's extra weight is mostly if not all behind the rear axle. A balanced weight distribution certainly helps to make the car's rotation easier to control, but so does having more weight towards the center and less on the ends. Again, I don't think the difference between the sedan and wagon here ever practically matters, but in theory...

Archived