LegacyGT.com

Legacy @ the autocross.

2.5 DOHC

Good to see John out there. We need to get more of you to come out. We're running again this Sunday 7/20/08. Feel free to talk to me if you come out. I'll try to give some pointers, based on my experiences w/ autocrossing. There is some free speed to be had. As an example, tire pressures and course walking w/someone experienced can shave a lot of time from your runs. At the very least you can let me drive your car in the fun runs, I promise not to break it.Hope to see more of you on Sunday.

Uhm, LGT goes in ESP if you're using SCCA classes

Realized that. Was my very first time and didn't read up on the classes n shit. My friend said he read up and that dsp would be the class, but he was wrong and I feel like a dummy. Oh well

HOLY body roll. Makes me throw up it's so ugly

Jon, don't worry so much about body roll. The manufacturer uses it as a safety measure to transfer weight. But good to see those pics. If you are going out tommorrow i'll see you there.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey... just saw this thread now. I'm planning on going to the 8/31 solo event. This will only be my 2nd time there. I ran in EM last time to hang with some friends. I was trying to look at the SCCA rules... that thing is several hundred pages long! So, ESP is the ideal class for us?

Francis, Chris... where did you order your car number magnets from?

Someone on HIIC posted this site:

http://www.soloperformance.com/Autocross-Numbers_c_34.html

Is there any place locally we can pick these up at?

Anyone up for some fun runs? I need to get some pointers... I'll take whatever I can get... fun runs, walking the course, I'm just going to be a sponge & soak up all the tips you can throw at me.

Hey... just saw this thread now. I'm planning on going to the 8/31 solo event. This will only be my 2nd time there. I ran in EM last time to hang with some friends. I was trying to look at the SCCA rules... that thing is several hundred pages long! So, ESP is the ideal class for us?

Depending on mods, most LGTs will fall into either:

D-stock

STU

ESP

Without massive prep work, the LGT will be uncompetative in STU v. STIs, EVOs, and M3s.

At least here, there are no prepped ESP cars, so ESP is very friendly place to be, even if you are just an STU car. In fact, I'd bet that even against well pepped competition, an LGT would do better in ESP than STU IF all the cars in ESP are using street tires. Unlike STU, ESp allows r-comps, but no one here in ESP is on them.

Our ESP is made up of 3 LGT wagons (including my own) and the occasional interloper, generally a 2.5 WRX.

Depending on mods, most LGTs will fall into either:

D-stock

STU

ESP

Without massive prep work, the LGT will be uncompetative in STU v. STIs, EVOs, and M3s.

At least here, there are no prepped ESP cars, so ESP is very friendly place to be, even if you are just an STU car. In fact, I'd bet that even against well pepped competition, an LGT would do better in ESP than STU IF all the cars in ESP are using street tires. Unlike STU, ESp allows r-comps, but no one here in ESP is on them.

Our ESP is made up of 3 LGT wagons (including my own) and the occasional interloper, generally a 2.5 WRX.

Thanks for the info!

I'm just a beginner, so I guess it doesn't technically matter which class I run in since I won't be in contention in ANY class for quite some time.

For now, it's just a matter of learning how to become a better driver.

I'll prolly run in ESP for now.

I ran esp the other week. It was way better for me. We were all running generally within 2 seconds of each other. I believe I would've placed if I didn't get lost my first run and post a horrible time. There was 5 of us racing esp last time.

I ran esp the other week. It was way better for me. We were all running generally within 2 seconds of each other. I believe I would've placed if I didn't get lost my first run and post a horrible time. There was 5 of us racing esp last time.

Auryte! I just got my SCCA membership taken care of & secured my ESP number... just gotta shake the dust off my helmet which hasn't been worn since October... and should be good to go.

Chris,

I ordered my magnets from soloracer.com i think. There are several people here that makes magnets. I'd recommend troy morioka. His website is kaimoku.com. He drives a late model maroon accord. Very nice cool guy. Hey made me some vinyl magnets out of stickers i gave him for ESP i while back. But if I'm correct, your car is tuned, and you altered your boost levels right? I think that takes you out of STU, and ESP. SM would be your class, but I don't know your other mods, so I may be wrong.

Chris,

I ordered my magnets from soloracer.com i think. There are several people here that makes magnets. I'd recommend troy morioka. His website is kaimoku.com. He drives a late model maroon accord. Very nice cool guy. Hey made me some vinyl magnets out of stickers i gave him for ESP i while back. But if I'm correct, your car is tuned, and you altered your boost levels right? I think that takes you out of STU, and ESP. SM would be your class, but I don't know your other mods, so I may be wrong.

My reading of SP allows for boost changes via something like an Accessport.

Chris,

Thanks for the 411 on the magnets!

I'm not sure what to make of the rules for SP class with respect to boost mods:

Boost regulation systems, either electronic or mechanical, and electronic fuel cuts referencing boost pressure may be altered or modified except as prohibited hererin. Boost pressure changes resulting from authorized changes are permitted.

The first half appears to be reffering to boost controllers, which I don't have. I'm not sure what "authorized changes" refers to. Anyone have any idea? My mods are mostly related to exhaust, as I've changed everything from the exhaust manifolds back + AP v2.0, stage II tune.

I will say that everyone I know of with a turbo car in an SP class is "reflashed."

thanks... i was lurking on IWSTI & Nabisco and it also appears that guys there also say it's OK. I know it's "just" a forum and I need to defer to the actual SCCA rule book... but sometimes those rule books are written in a foreign language if you know what I mean.

thanks... i was lurking on IWSTI & Nabisco and it also appears that guys there also say it's OK. I know it's "just" a forum and I need to defer to the actual SCCA rule book... but sometimes those rule books are written in a foreign language if you know what I mean.

I read legalese for a living, and I still don't get some of it.

Well, I can say that the rules are up to the interpretation of the SCCA solo chiefs. I remember them saying that my current setup in my wrx was placing me out of ESP, that is why i left. However, similar to what nm+ has stated, many regions are open to their interpretation. ESP would be a great class, for us to drive in, only a few good drivers in there. In SM, the top 6 guys are all top 15/top 20 drivers. In order to place in there everyone needs to catch the flu or something, haha. Maybe i should get back to ESP in the wagon too? I was thinking of de-modding my car and going to STX, that way, i can take the race tires off. But usually there's no one driving in that class.

Archived