LegacyGT.com

Legacy #3, The Quickest Cars of 2009: $25k to $30k

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What happened to the g8 GT?

Not under $30k. There's a few cars that have MSRPs just above $30k that would be as fast if not faster than this group, G8 GT being one of them. I'm surprised the 370Z isn't on there though. The '09 has a MSRP of $29,930 and it's just as fast as the current Mustang. :confused:

The g8 gt is the most pwoerful car under 30k, atleast thats what all the magazines said when it came out. And i know around here you can get 09s as low as 25k because they arent selling

Im sure the 370z with a good driver would take the stang gt, i have seen 07+ 350zs run 13.2s boen stock, the 370z is slightly lighter and with more power

The g8 gt is the most pwoerful car under 30k, atleast thats what all the magazines said when it came out. And i know around here you can get 09s as low as 25k because they arent selling

It was under $30k for the '08 model-year. They raised the MSRP above $30k for '09 though. And Car & Driver is basing the prices off MSRPs, not what sort of deals people can actually get. Kinda lame, but still a fun list to see.

It is interesting that most magazines usually get much better times than actual drivers with actual cars and here Car and Driver comes up with a 14.1 quarter mile time for a Legacy. If you read this forum long enough you will believe that the Legacy Gt is a 12 second car :confused:

:lol:

It was under $30k for the '08 model-year. They raised the MSRP above $30k for '09 though. And Car & Driver is basing the prices off MSRPs, not what sort of deals people can actually get. Kinda lame, but still a fun list to see.

ic, that was a dumb move, they arent selling at 29k raising it to 32k was smart

It is interesting that most magazines usually get much better times than actual drivers with actual cars and here Car and Driver comes up with a 14.1 quarter mile time for a Legacy. If you read this forum long enough you will believe that the Legacy Gt is a 12 second car :confused:

:lol:

I still wonder about R&T 13.7.

Obviously trhey're not paying for clutches (or the driveline)

the Legacy Gt is a 12 second car

there i posted it 5 times. your quota of 2 times/day is fulfilled till the weekend. you dont have to log in until mmmm saturday

car for sale. PM me!

I like how it says the WRX is faster than the STi....I drove a 08 Sti last week.

It left me thinking either the STi isn't as fast as everyone thinks or my car makes more power than I thought.Overall I wasn't impressed for a $33,000 car,used.

Yay for the LGT being on the list...and just think, with just a small amount of money, if could make it to the top of the list!

Or loosen the lugnuts of the neighborhood wrxes and mustangs

car for sale. PM me!

I like how it says the WRX is faster than the STi....I drove a 08 Sti last week.

It left me thinking either the STi isn't as fast as everyone thinks or my car makes more power than I thought.Overall I wasn't impressed for a $33,000 car,used.

They were going for around that much new from the dealers end of last year

car for sale. PM me!

I prefer too loosen the drain plugs

You have to raise the car to get underneath.

Too much trouble.

They'll notice a pool of oil but having all wheels fall off during a launch would be comedy gold

car for sale. PM me!

Interesting comment about the WRX in that article:

The Verdict: Quicker than its big brother, the STI, and it’s $10,000 less. That’s what we call a bargain.

So the WRX with its 225 hp? is quicker to 60 than a 300 hp STI?

Interesting.......

Haha.....GANK! I havent heard that line in ages!

But yeah, good idea....:lol:

sooberoo, the '09 WRX now has 265 hp. Bigger turbo, bigger injectors than the '08. The '09 Impreza GT is about equivalent to the '08 WRX though.

| what 05GT Guru said as well...

V

-John

I prefer too loosen the drain plugs, that way when the wrxs engine blows you can gank all the vf52s you could ever want

Archived