LegacyGT.com

LCA Bushing fitment question..

05LGTLtd

I noticed the Spec B control arms come with upgraded bushings..

I dont need the weight savings or the cost of the complete arms, but is the bushing a swap out for the stock LCA bushing, and can you get these bushings from Subaru or else where??? I'm under warranty and the Idea of a subaru upgrade sets better with for right now.

I'm starting to notice teh vauge feeling in steering response folks talk about...

All I need now is a hill holder and a center passing light...

They are exactly the same. i have a spec b bushing and a regular GT bushing in front of me right now. Exactly the same in every way. it may just be a revised part# for the same exact part.

Not the same...different durometer rubber on the Spec B's...

...I'd still recomend upgrading to the Superpro's tho...

So I better get something like this installed at a shop huh.

I'd imagine you could remove the control arms as a unit and take them to someone with a press to have the bushings swapped out. I haven't looked into it far enough to say for sure yet. Are there any snags for rmoving the LCA that would prevent someone with decent tools from doing ths?

I'm leaning toward the superpro bushings right now...

All I need now is a hill holder and a center passing light...

• 3 months later...
Does anyone know if the 08 LGT's or spec B's have stiffer LCA bushings than earlier years? I read a review that talked about upgraded bushings on the 08's but not sure what bushings they are talking about.

• 1 year later...

Resurrecting an older topic here, but has anyone successfully put in Spec B LCA bushings in their non-Spec B LGT?

Was fitment the same?

Any measurable difference in ride and NVH?

Archived