**please take into account 5,280 ft elevation**

So I have:

-K&N panel filter

-Perrin lightweight crank

-Cobb Catted downpipe

-Crucial Uppipe

-Perrin soleniod boost controller

-AP v2.0

I do not want to upgrade my turbo in the future (unless the stock one breaks), so before I spend $300 on a local tune (possibly my only tune) I want to make sure I have everything possible to get the most out of a non-turbo upgraded lgt.

If I had another $500-800 dollars to spend should I get

-Headers (I really want to keep the boxer sound though, so I think these are out)

-Cat Back exhaust (I want one that is quiet during normal driving, but lets you know something is there when you get on it hard, Magnaflow or MR quad tip?)

-top mounted intercooler (I am told that this is pointless at 5,000 feet elevation though)

-Cobb intake system with box cover (I read this is useless unless you have a wideband and/or are runnning a bigger turbo, but maybe this would help with the thinner air at this altitude?)

I also have an AVO bov, but it sounded like it was causing some compressor surge. I was thinking about selling this, but do you think it would help the custom tune any?

Please help soon, I have a tune scheduled for next weekend. Thanks.

Do you think that finishing the CBE from my Cobb downpipe would add any significant power? I have seen posts that give the headers and the Cat back exhaust power increases the same. Say if one gives 15whp and the other does also, I might want to do both, maybe I can find some used parts to stay within my budget.

id say get headers if u want the most power out of all of those

if it sounds like surge on the bov, have you tried loosening the adjustment screw?

I am affraid to touch the adjustment screw, but I will if needed. Do you think that if I adjust it properly it will help anything with performance?

I would say get a catback and your probably good.

I have K&N intake, downpipe, catback, and bov and I am going to do my tune really soon. Headers as a rule of thumb are a waste on Subarus at least in my experience. I would say go with what you have and if you want the bov put it on before the tune and your tuner call tell you what it is doing and how to adjust it. I think the main reason for recommending the tmic is because the stock one can fail at stage 2 after a while, by going with an aftermarket one you eliminate that possibility.

^ n00bs below this line

I would say get a catback and your probably good.

I have K&N intake, downpipe, catback, and bov and I am going to do my tune really soon. Headers as a rule of thumb are a waste on Subarus at least in my experience. I would say go with what you have and if you want the bov put it on before the tune and your tuner call tell you what it is doing and how to adjust it. I think the main reason for recommending the tmic is because the stock one can fail at stage 2 after a while, by going with an aftermarket one you eliminate that possibility.

Cool, thank you. I posted a followup question under exhaust category for this one.

Archived