LegacyGT.com

KS tech intake fitment?

starionesir

I recently bought a ks tech stock maf intake. Install went pretty good but noticed the clearance between the filter and fender/bumper area was extremely tight. The filter is actually touching the fender/bumper supports. Anything touching will just rub through over time.

I talked to matt from ks tech and he said he hadn't seen a legacy setup for some time but didn't remember them being so tight. I just wanted to get other opinions on installs other members did before I make some clearance with my dremel.

• 2 months later...

just a few months old, would it not be possible to just trim the tube down a short bit to give he filter extra room to seat in? or would it be making contact with the heat shield before that was possible?

and also from the owners of this intake, how do you feel about it? i already purchased one and have it sitting around waiting for install once ive done my turbo swap but im wondering if necessary or any actual gains are to be had besides cool sounds. contemplating keeping it or trying to trade it for a sway bar or something.

It's one of the better intakes but unless you plan on big power it's overkill. What kind of turbo are you putting in. I personally think if your planning on going over 350WHP put on a intake if your planning on getting less then 350whp stock box is just fine.

yeh thats what i figured, i do at some point in the future plan on building something in the 500hp range but who isnt? as of right now i will be getting myself to the 300ish range and calling it a day for quite some time so that i can balance out the rest of the car (suspension, wheels, the rest) you know.

so i guess i could just sell the intake or trade it and utilize that to help the balancing act. its a shame though it is a very nice looking piece and i will most likely be looking to get another one at big power time.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived