Knn intake to stock comparo vid

lookslikeanevo

www.sclc.net/LegacyStuff/intake1.mpg

right click and save as

heres a pic

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y143/mynameisdiet/3741bf35.jpg

my opinion:

hell it was free!

a few people said that i wouldnt make a difference,, my butt dyno says otherwise, picked up faster to me, maybe ill do side by side dynos one day, but for now im back to stock, cus i know the wife wont like the sounds of it too much.

you can hear the turbo spool, like insane, a nice sound

and made my BOV go crazy, you can hear my BOV on everything, every little throttle lift even ones below 2500k rpm, you can hear the difference in the vid.

Edit2: by stock i mean that the intake silncer is taken off, so the stock vid is really not so stock...

Current:MY05 SWP wagon - 253/290 :rolleyes: UP, AEM CAI, Invidia Q300, tuned@yimisport

OLD: MY06 GRP - 274/314 :cool:

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Have you done any other mods ?

If you can, take some logs and post them please.

no other mods except the GFB BOV, and im not logging, as i plan on staying stock, the sounds is seriously insane, i love it, but i know the wife wont, so im kinda stuck, we'll see, she know i used to get a lof of part for my lancer either free ot nearly free, maybe ill she'll re-consider, but i dont think so:icon_frow:icon_frow

Current:MY05 SWP wagon - 253/290 :rolleyes: UP, AEM CAI, Invidia Q300, tuned@yimisport

OLD: MY06 GRP - 274/314 :cool:

Group Buy anyone? I like the sound in the vid- reminds me of my GTP.

If you would like me to get a group buy going I can do $225 for 10 people. My every day sale price of $246.64 is probably the cheapest you'll find.

I have 10 in stock right now.

2012 Forester XT. Stage 2+

Retired from Racing. I used to build FMIC and more.

We need a before and after dyno with the intake. If 10+ confirmed horse then these things will start to sell fast IMO.

with MAF and A/F datalogs. The intake could be producing more power because the A/F is leaner, which is not something you change with an intake but with electronic management.

From http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=477393 :

Do intakes cause problems with the air/fuel ratio? Many seem to believe that since their XXX intake does not cause a CEL or exhibit any driveability problems, then their XXX intake must be good. Though the apparent increase in power gives them peace of mind, what they don't take into account is their intake is actually causing unseen harm to their engine. This is generally due to two reasons:

1. The intake piping diameter is incorrect. This can cause a lean condition in the case of larger than stock diameter piping or a rich condition with decreased diameter piping.

2. The air flow is not laminar. The stock piping, through it's apparent unusual design, is constructed to smooth out turbulent air flow. Aftermarket systems do not take this into consideration. When turbulence occurs, the MAF sensor will suddenly see more or less air then it had previously. This will cause the ECU to respond by making the engine run leaner or richer for as long as the error from turbulence occurs.

I keed I keeed

We need a before and after dyno with the intake. If 10+ confirmed horse then these things will start to sell fast IMO.

If you go with the K&N, at least datalog or get it tuned professionally to make sure the A/F is right.

Here you go from http://www.knfilters.com/search/product.aspx?Prod=69-8003TFK :

http://www.kandn.com/dynocharts/69-8003TFK.jpg

I keed I keeed

lol, most people will not get a before and after dyno plot for just an intake. Power increases because the brick of an air filter on the legacy is removed and replaced with a high flowing filter, thus freeing the turbo up, If anything a/f would lean only slightly.

2012 Forester XT. Stage 2+

Retired from Racing. I used to build FMIC and more.

Archived