LegacyGT.com

What kind of intake system you guys have?

o- c-uTe

Stock...with Perrin panel filter. $35

1. No one makes a true cold air intake yet.

2. The factory intake is pretty good as it stands

3. They do next to nothing besides make your car sound like a train

4. Would only go to one if I had to (ala....FMIC).

OBAMA......One Big Ass Mistake America!

cold intake systems r not a good idea for subarus unless highly modified or tuned.... most people switchin over to subarus often think first step to go is cold air intake which is the tottaly wrong step to go,, best to read up post after post on mods and make your desicion before instead of what u did with your ie.... mustang... put your money elswhere and get a catless upipe

Which filter is the best for performance? Is there really a lot of difference compared to the stock filter?

I just ordered the Perrin panel filter about 15 minutes ago. I dont think there will be much difference if any at all from aftermarket filter on a stock motor. Start modding (up/down ,EM)and i'm sure it would help a bit.

I dont see much use for the Perrin Inlet Pipe (since we have turbo cars..). It's one of those mods that helps lower the friction path of airflow into the turbo.

KTM - the panel filter should free up some flow.. you'll definitely hear the motor more and the sound of the turbo working. The performance gain wont be noticeable, but at least you'll get some better effiecency in gathering air for the turbo better.

Keefe

Keefe

I just order the BLITZ LM Stock Replacement Air Filter from, http://www.nolimitmotorsport.com/blitz/intake-lmre.html

For only $55 w/shipping.

Did I make the right choice after hours of reading these past post about air filters?:redface:

I have the same filter panel. You'll hear the difference and you'll hear the stock blow-off valve more so. As for performance, you will barely hear it, but it sure does help me in shifting and hearing the engine work its butt off when I run it harder.

Keefe

Keefe

I have been modding DIY CAI intakes since the 80's. Unless you've got a show car , forget about expesive CAI . Fab your own. Noise just isn't an issue unless you've got a race motor or highly modded. The best one I've seen on hte market would be the Ganzflow CAI which retains the stock airbox(keeps reserve of air for lowend torque) The Ganzflow CAI is the only true CAI as it's plumbed into the fender away from the engine bay . Therefore utilizing the highpressure area under the fenderwell. I just fabricated my own knock off using the Ganzflow method. Once done disconnect the neg batt. cable for 15min /let idle for 15min(resets the ECU) and away you go. I used a 3" alum HVAC flex pipe /hose clamps/silicone hose. My cost about $12 . Better midrange/topend/lowend not affected.

Guest *Jedimaster*
I have been modding DIY CAI intakes since the 80's. Unless you've got a show car , forget about expesive CAI . Fab your own. Noise just isn't an issue unless you've got a race motor or highly modded. The best one I've seen on hte market would be the Ganzflow CAI which retains the stock airbox(keeps reserve of air for lowend torque) The Ganzflow CAI is the only true CAI as it's plumbed into the fender away from the engine bay . Therefore utilizing the highpressure area under the fenderwell. I just fabricated my own knock off using the Ganzflow method. Once done disconnect the neg batt. cable for 15min /let idle for 15min(resets the ECU) and away you go. I used a 3" alum HVAC flex pipe /hose clamps/silicone hose. My cost about $12 . Better midrange/topend/lowend not affected.

But we're talking forced induction here.

Archived