LegacyGT.com

Keyfob: One press to unlock ALL doors?

serendipity

Tried searching and reading the manual, didn't find a way to do this. But, I'm sure I remember my 04 STi's factory keyless letting me configure this somehow.

Is there any way to disable the annoying "press once to unlock the driver, and a second time to unlock the rest" behavior? I'm not worried about evil muggers hiding behind my passenger door and waiting to jump in my car :icon_roll

It wouldn't be so obnoxious if the timing requirements weren't so goofy. You have to hit the second press between 1.267 and 2.186 seconds after the first or it won't unlock the passenger door :lol:

Search this site for a "hack" to do this. It's a very simple re-routing of a couple wires below the dash. The thread is somewhere here.

*looking on the horizon for mushroom clouds from people trying to "re-route" wiring in their LGTs*

:)

^^ I've *heard* that before, but it seems nobody has ever confirmed it. I haven't seen anyone in this forum post that they've actually had it done.

Seek first to understand, then to be understood.

In other words: SEARCH before you post!

Hmmmm - sorry to hear that. Sounds like either (a) the 2007 wiring is different, or (b) you didn't do the mod correctly. How confident are you that you used the right wires and connected them properly? Did you use the type of connector suggested in the walk-thru? - I'm not really a fan of those, myself; I don't feel they are very robust. I cut both wires and spliced them together a little more positively using a butt connector... or something like that; I can't recall exactly.

Anyone successfully do this mod on a 2007 yet?

Seek first to understand, then to be understood.

In other words: SEARCH before you post!

^^ I've *heard* that before, but it seems nobody has ever confirmed it. I haven't seen anyone in this forum post that they've actually had it done.

When I head back to Carr Subaru for my 15k check up I'll ask them about it. I'm also going to push to get 2 new key fobs ('06+) since I always lock/unlock my car when the keys are in my pocket!! damn fob!

I don't care for those type of connectors either, so once it didn't work I ruled out the connector by just wrapping the two exposed parts of the wire together just to see if I could get it to work, and no luck. I'm 99% sure I didn't do this wrong. Either way I just reconnected and gave up. My neck is kinda stiff from being under there. It sucks, would have been a 5 min. fix.

Of course "It can..." :lol: :lol:

I didn't get it reprogrammed, but I read here that such possibility exists. If you search, you might get more precise info.

I need to get this mod done one way or the other. I'd sure like to get it reprogrammed rather than cut wires. I gotta believe if it was doable from SSM more people would know about it. Anyway, I'm probably going to drop by a dealer tomorrow for a burned out H7 bulb and I'll ask about reprogramming the key fob.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived