LegacyGT.com

Kartboy front endlinks

abakja1

i finally got my Whiteline front swaybar and did the install. i got new Kartboy front endlinks off EBAY a few weeks earlier and was going to install them,..but during installation it looked like the endlinks wouldn't be totally vertical with the oem bracket,..to me the endlink would be at slight angle and probably why the oem and AVO endlinks pivot. Look at the bottom right of the picture on the link below,..actually on my install, I think its more pronounced than that, and I installed the bar loaded (car on ramps),..

Should I just install them anyways and hope the eurothane handles the pressure of being torqued down that way? Here is a link to the scoobymods site for a pic of Kartboy endlinks installed and I think other people have similiar questions as to why the endlinks are skewed when installed. I just dont want to add a lot of spacers or washers to solve the problem to get it trully vertical.

http://scoobymods.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=4938

In the end,..seems like even though many people seem to dislike the AVO endlinks,..it seems to be the only one that will line up properly from the get go,..I guess I will just have to wait and see when I will hear my first "clunk" before searching for a better alternative...

I just didnt like the idea of bolting in the Kartboy endlinks if they wouldnt fit perfectly perpendicular, or have to put in extra washers to even it out,..

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

KB front links are now coming with an aluminum spacer that is to go between the bar and the link to correct this angle. This only happens with some bars, WL being one of them.

Since you bought them used they most likely did not come with those so contact tom@kartboy about picking up a set.

Honestly that's why I went with AVO...maybe they're not as tough, but with my Cusco sway in the front, "semi-ridged" links were all "cock-eyed" and the though of spacers being stressed (lever arm/torque) didn't sit well with me (I think the spacers were a good 3/4"...). Even if I have to replace the AVOs every couple years, I'm ok with that.

Archived