LegacyGT.com

just need to vent

So went to AZP to get 60k service done and stainless lines installed. Also got a compression test done.

The guys at AZP=fantastic, I cannot say this enough. I dropped my car off, was going to take a cab to the train to go to NYC and they drove me there and dropped me off. Tune up did well for my car and I love the stainless lines. Car is driving great.

Now to the venting. So my compression test of cylinder #4 came back not good. I just called subaru dealer to do a warranty check, expired at 60k. Car has like 60,500 miles on it. So I just called the place where I bought the car waiting for them to call me back, hoping that its in a small window of initial warranty (I am extremely doubtful).

It is my own fault, should've got a compression test when I bought the car and I could have sorted everything away. I will never buy a used car without getting compression test (so lesson learned)

On the bright side, I guess this is just a good excuse to build a motor.

Thanks for allowing me to vent.

Make noise?

Cracked ring land on #4 = my bet.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

If your car is a 05 your still under warrenty. A federal court ruled that Subaru odometers read fast.

I got a notice a couple of years back in the mail.

What year is your car ?

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

what does it mean exactly? Like can it fixed or does the motor have to be rebuild and what causes an engine to fail this test, if you don't mind me asking.

Needs a rebuild. The ring land is a piece on the piston. I'll bet you could google it...

OP how does the car drive ? can you tell there is a problem ?

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

How is a 7-year old car still under warranty?

It might be under mileage, but was the statute of time overwritten?

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

How is a 7-year old car still under warranty?

It might be under mileage, but was the statute of time overwritten?

Oh yes....once again...you win....! Damn it....;)

I believe they fixed the issue on the 07's +.

Ya I have been reading all morning.

Contacted ed at fred beans he said i would probably be out of luck as far as warranty because of mileage, mods, and the fact that i dont have documented records of 30k service.

Should I contact subaru of america?

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Ya I have been reading all morning.

Should I contact subaru of america?

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Worth a shot, its just a phone call.

Archived