LegacyGT.com

Is it just me or does AP Stage 1 reduce throttle response?

Hey,

Today I just went stage 1 91 with a Cobb AP v.2. I dont know if its me but its seems as if I have to press the pedal much further before the revs start building. Power is increased for sure on top end but I find the Stock map is more responsive on pedal feel.

Let me know if its a setting on the AP i need to change or if its just me.

Thanks

I went to stage 1 over the weekend also... Im not sure how my settings compare to yours but Ive been feeling the extra bit of power. I definetly feel it around the 40-70mph range. Ive also seen a slight increase in my miles per gallon.

Let the computer assimilate and learn then it should be okay. Even car computers have hiccups when they go thru digestion. Throttle response should improve with a proper stage 1 tune.

Cobb specifically states in the LGT AccessPORT manual that their map has,

"Revised Electronic Throttle mapping (BASE MAP CHANGE). We did this to improve the

throttle response and remove some delays present. It took some tweaking to find a

setting that gave the response we were after without making the car feel "jumpy".

Note that we DID NOT simply trick you into feeling more response by opening the

throttle more aggressively. Instead, we changed the delays in how the throttle

actually reacted to your right foot in an effort to reduce some of the "drive by

wire" feel."

If anything, your throttle should feel more responsive, granted, however, it does take the car some time to get used to being stage 1.

Oh yeah, ill agree with you on that the pull is much better but do you find that you need to press the pedal a little further before its starts building revs?

i can def say it hasnt drastically improved but from what everyone is saying i guess we just have to give the car some time to adjust and calibrate.

if there isnt any noticable difference... worst case scenario, we can always just sell it? get some actual engine mods...

For my tune I had a local guy do a specific map for my car and have been satisfied ever since, but I would just make sure your map is up to date.

Sorry for thread jacking, but you should feel a big difference in your low end tq with a stage 1 tune, especially since you have an 05-06 Legacy, which usually is a bit stonger at stage 1 than the newer models (stage 2 is different). Tuned a guy, just stage 1, recently and his car is making about 30 extra wtq and at 3,200 RPM he is making close to 50 wtq more than stock. You should feel a pretty decent difference, with a good tune.

Moncur, how's the car feeling? The ecu should be settled in by now.

I've been stage1 about a week now on an 09. The car drives SO MUCH smoother. No hesitation/surging with constant throttle input anymore. Pulls harder and better gas mileage as others mentioned, too.

I haven't noticed a huge change in throttle response. On my 08 wrx, the stock throttle was awful... almost full throttle with the pedal maybe half way down. The LGT was nothing like that.

Throttle response decreased a bit in my car, but it was actually a welcome change. Low-speed, low-throttle jerkiness has drastically decreased.

I am getting some MAJOR hesitation at the boost transition point, and below 3000 RPM the car feels like it's holding back a lot. I can only attribute it to the heat we've had recently and the fact that the A/C is on as well.

Felt tons better when it was cooler outside.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

I have an '08 Spec.B stock and using the Cobb AP for Stage 1. Warranty expiring and want to do next step. Was thinking of the Cobb Downpipe and have a few questions for the resident experts:

- Will the Cobb SS 3" DP give a decent performance improvement?

- Will it mate with the stock exhaust?

- Is it better to replace the exhaust as well at the same time as the DP?

- Any benefits from keeping the stock downpipe and just putting on a new exhaust (e.g., Subie's SPT exhaust)?

Tks a ton!!!!

I have an '08 Spec.B stock and using the Cobb AP for Stage 1. Warranty expiring and want to do next step. Was thinking of the Cobb Downpipe and have a few questions for the resident experts:

- Will the Cobb SS 3" DP give a decent performance improvement?

- Will it mate with the stock exhaust?

- Is it better to replace the exhaust as well at the same time as the DP?

- Any benefits from keeping the stock downpipe and just putting on a new exhaust (e.g., Subie's SPT exhaust)?

Tks a ton!!!!

First of all .... no expert here but I do have some experience. I'm running a Cobb DP for a couple years now. The one problem you may have is that a Cobb DP may be difficult to find as I believe they were dropped from production.

DP with stage 2 tune will definitely give you some performance improvement. The Cobb DP will mate with the stock exhaust. A catback is NOT necessary and won't do much in the way of performance (on stock turbo) .... only sound.

Keeping the stock DP and changing your catback will only give you sound with little to no performance benefit. If you want the sound and performance replace the entire TBE (ie. DP and catback).

Archived