LegacyGT.com

Just installed a Sti shift knob

Mui01

Wow, it feels great having a nice shift knob, it really feel nice with the STi short throw shifter. I had a GC-8 that went through three knobs, two of them were Razo, they were not the greatest fit on the Impreza.

I got the Momo knob because I figured it would feel better than stock and give me something to use while I looked for a better one. I don't know how I went so long without a round knob before! It is much better than the flat top stock knob. I don't feel like the knob is going to slip between my fingers. I would have done an STi knob or a Perrin knob, but I wanted a little extra traction when reaching for the shifter. Plus I didn't want to totally burn my hand off in the summer. lol

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

Knobs are definitely a personal-preference thing. :)

Best thing to do would be to get to a local enthusiast club meet - and try out setups first-hand.

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

• 4 weeks later...

^ +1

Actually, if the knob is a part of the boot, it can be marketed as an "extra selling point" or even an added-price option. :)

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

because i took my shift knob off and the boot is attached and doesn't separate... and when i went to check out the spec b... it did the same thing, so i know it's not just my car

It separates. you just have to pull hard enough

Archived