LegacyGT.com

I Just Downgraded

Gohmer1

From this:

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1635330

To this:

http://www.staffordautosales.com/detail-2003-acura-tl-type_s-3574483.html

Saves me $400/month and I make $2,000 in cash on the Legacy. I had to do it, even though I'm not happy about it. The dude I'm buying it from is going to fix the passenger side fog lamp, which is busted. It passed Carfax with flying colors, too.

Don't worry, wife and I still have an 09 Forester. The plan is to upgrade to a brand new LGT in 1 year. HOPEFULLY.

why did you give it up....or who made you give it up?

I'm still pretty damn depressed about having to give up the LGT Limited, but I will get another one soon.
258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

that car is only a downgrade in the fact you lose AWD (and the possibility of trans problems). It's larger, more comfortable and has one of the best V6's ever made in it. put an AEM CAI on it and the sound is beautiful. :)

why did you give it up....or who made you give it up?

c-lo - What's up, bro! No, it wasn't the wife that made me give it up. ; ) Saving has just been tough lately, so I'm going to give up the car payment for a little. Hopefully I'll be in a 2010 or 2010 Legacy before long.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: DAMN! beat me to it!!!!!

Least I kept mine!!! ;)

c-lo - What's up, bro! No, it wasn't the wife that made me give it up. ; ) Saving has just been tough lately, so I'm going to give up the car payment for a little. Hopefully I'll be in a 2010 or 2010 Legacy before long.
258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

Cool if you get a chance go to v6performance theres a guy NVA-AV6 does good work on hondas acuras even engine builds and 6 spd swaps. in the midatlantic forum.

Mr_luv, I think this one, at 137,000 miles has dodged the bullet. I hope at least. They are going to give me a warranty on it at the dealership, so we'll see.
Mr.350

Ha! I kept both!;)

Your wife or your car? :-) I'm keeping the wife, dropping the car! ; )

Cool if you get a chance go to v6performance theres a guy NVA-AV6 does good work on hondas acuras even engine builds and 6 spd swaps. in the midatlantic forum.

Awesome - thanks for the tip. With the tranny problems, you never know when I'll need to make that 6spd swap!

Yea the Shortblocks for the acuras/hondas are fairly cheap and trannys are less then 700 bucks and are normaly in good condtion.

Awesome - thanks for the tip. With the tranny problems, you never know when I'll need to make that 6spd swap!
Mr.350

Update - I passed on the vehicle and lost my $500 deposit. Oh well, I think it did have some transmission issues starting to creep up and I'd rather eat $500 than have to take it to a shop and drop a grand. Still looking for a SUBIE for around $6k.

From this:

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1635330

To this:

http://www.staffordautosales.com/detail-2003-acura-tl-type_s-3574483.html

Saves me $400/month and I make $2,000 in cash on the Legacy. I had to do it, even though I'm not happy about it. The dude I'm buying it from is going to fix the passenger side fog lamp, which is busted. It passed Carfax with flying colors, too.

Don't worry, wife and I still have an 09 Forester. The plan is to upgrade to a brand new LGT in 1 year. HOPEFULLY.

Guest heightsgtltd

Umm what? There is no way they can sell someone else the car and not give you your deposit back.

That makes no sense at all.

If the car was available, and they stipulated that you had to buy it or lose the deposit that would be a different issue entirely

non refundable? you got taken. you should be able to get that back gohmer

Umm what? There is no way they can sell someone else the car and not give you your deposit back.

That makes no sense at all.

If the car was available, and they stipulated that you had to buy it or lose the deposit that would be a different issue entirely

The car SOUNDED like a good deal so I had to put a deposit on it over the phone because I knew it would go fast and I wouldn't be able to make it there right away to pick it up. It's my own stupid fault. If you think about it, I could have potentially turned away another person from buying it because I had the deposit on it, so it makes sense to me, as painful as it is. Just looking at it from their perspective.

G

Archived