LegacyGT.com

Just did two Logs, Feedback Knock?

Subieaction

I did two different logs on two different days. I am looking at my Feedback Knock and getting a little scared. 7 is my first one and there is a difference in the logs when looking at the Feedback knock for 10. Should I just do another log to make sure its not me and not the car? Besides that does it look okay?

Thanks Chris.

datalog7.csv

datalog10.csv

I wouldn't be so quick to call that knock yet. You started releasing the throttle at just about the same time you get knock. It can be "lift" knock.

Pull up to 6500 without letting off the throttle.

Also, remove "dynamic advance" and "maf volts" and "a/f learning" for now. It probably won't help a whole lot, but every bit of extra resolution counts.

Relog.

This might sound a little dumb, but does it matter if I still have some 93 oct in the tank when I flash over to 91 or should I just burn threw this tank and fill up with 91 oct then flash over. I have read on other sites that running 93 on 91 is a little more safe than just running 91oct.

If you're going to flash the 91 map the idea is to still run 93 for the additional security/safety.

It may or may not be shift related knock, but pulling 4 degrees of timing at 5500rpm and over 2 load would concern me.

I'd relog to confirm prior to flashing but that's just my opinion. Do whatever you want.

I'd also try to get the AF learning trims read (the equivalent of a LV) prior to a reset, to see what your fuel trims are. You really need to do this to have an accurate picture of what's going on.

To pull an AP equivalent of an LV:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3031807&postcount=9

More reading material regarding lift knock that I mentioned:

http://www.romraider.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=5489&start=0

http://www.romraider.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=6133

No way to tell for sure now since you reset and didn't pull any of the steps I suggested to you.

You have no idea what your fuel trims were. Maybe they were really negative and caused knock.

Whatever, you don't have knock now so don't concerned, for now.

I plan on switching back to 93, This is still all a learning curve for me. I do appreciate the links that you sent me they are very useful. I have been looking around at other peoples logs for a 05 model. Should I compare my log sheet to others log's or would that not make sense since no two cars are made the same.

The k&n will mess with your fuel trims and could cause knock. Best to switch it out.

My thoughts exactly. No point in the K&N, your probably losing power by using the OTS with it, and getting knock. Change back to stock filter, flash to 93 and have fun. Otherwise, you are taking a bit of risk. If you want to keep the K&N, then get an etune or protune. But by any means do not keep the K&N in with 93 Stage 1 Map.

Archived