LegacyGT.com

June 2005 Meet

almondcookie

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How about a meet somewhere near Centreville or Manassas, then a drive out to Warrenton and Rt. 211 over to Luray. There is a turn there where you can do 80 mph and look out your side window, with lot's of altitude changes and switchbacks along the way. :D

To see what I am talking about if you are unfamiliar, http://maps.google.com/ and look up 'Sperryville, VA' - follow Rt 211 west from there. Cooter from Dukes of Hazzard fame has a restaurant (Cooter's) at the start of the fun roads with lot's of parking - the local MINI club does the meet and ride all the time:

http://www.dcmetrominis.org/been/cooters/large/CootersDukesofHazard024.jpg

How about a meet somewhere near Centreville or Manassas, then a drive out to Warrenton and Rt. 211 over to Luray. There is a turn there where you can do 80 mph and look out your side window, with lot's of altitude changes and switchbacks along the way. :D

To see what I am talking about if you are unfamiliar, http://maps.google.com/ and look up 'Sperryville, VA' - follow Rt 211 west from there. Cooter from Dukes of Hazzard fame has a restaurant (Cooter's) at the start of the fun roads with lot's of parking - the local MINI club does the meet and ride all the time:

http://www.dcmetrominis.org/been/cooters/large/CootersDukesofHazard024.jpg

That would be awesome!

the dyno day is from 9 to 5. are people interested in meeting there around 11 or so, spend a little time there, do some driving, and then find a place for lunch?

any other Mid-A people interested?

getting out of the legacy game :cool:

I'm down for whatever we choose to do.

Cooter's on 211 serves BBQ.....that's about a 60 minute drive from Dulles, IIRC. Then, on to the twisties?

Or, we could pass Cooter's and do the drive up 211 and either catch Skyline drive back to Front Royal (nice drive, but toll and 35mph the whole way plus cops on the weekends), or go down the other side of 211 to Luray and Rt 340 up through Shendoah and Stanley to FR. There is a GREAT burger joint called "Spelunker's" right in FR near the main entrance on the north end of Skyline.

yeah, maybe Cooter's for lunch then over 211 and something else. I'd definitely stay away from skyline drive though, for the same reasons you give. Anyone met KanosWRX and some of those other people before? see if they are interested?

FYI Mach Vs last 2 dyno slots are in the late afternoon - in case anyone was interested in that.

I'll PM 'CJK911' - he is the one I helped with the HKS coilovers (bought from B4_Maniac). He is a Loudoun firefighter and has a rotating schedule, so he may not be able to make it.

KanosWRX and 'TurboNV' were at the last open house....haven't seen them on the board much lately though.

yea, I met them both, Kanos when he was buying the GT (actually, the one he bought was the one I wanted, but he bought the 3 days before I got mine).. and TurboNV was the person I sold a set of my 18"s when I had the WRX. Both are nice guys.

Keefe

Keefe

I'm going to try to make it, assuming the wife doesn't have anything planned. I've been meaning to check out Dan's shop, but can't bring myself to drive the 20 minutes outside of Leesburg. After growing up in Manassas and Fairfax and having to drive an hour everywhere, I'm too spoiled by the amenities.

FC3S is the chassis code for the 2nd generation Mazda RX-7. Like BP/BL is the code for the Legacy. As seen in Initial D...or now in the Options drift videos.

The FD is the last/3rd generation RX7, as seen also in Initial D but more recognized in that awful movie TFATF.

aha. thanks. so was there an FB? my dad had a first generation rx7 - it's the car I learned how to drive stick on, basically. always loved hearing that frantic beeping sound when you hit redline. =)

Rx-3 and then the FB .. yep.

the redline buzz is probably the best thing on any rx7.

the most annoying sound ever created by man is the 'low coolant level' warning buzzer. >_<. no one knows if it's the pitch, the volume, the tone, a combo of all of the ... ugh... if they made that sound for all alarm clocks, there will never by anyone late for work EVER.

Archived