LegacyGT.com

Jackass Star Ryan Dunn Dies in Car Accident

Strizzy

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/Jackass-Star-Ryan-Dunn-Dies-in-Car-Accident-124184189.html

"Jackass" star Ryan Dunn was killed early Monday morning when his Porsche flew over a guardrail in West Goshen, Pa., slammed into a tree and burst into flames, according to local police.

Dunn's passenger -- who police have not identified -- was also killed.

Dunn was identified by his tattoos, according to a witness who was on the scene when the bodies were pulled from the wreckage.

Bam Margera's mom, April called into Preston and Steve's morning radio show, to confirm that one of the stars of MTV’s "Jackass” was killed in a car accident.

The one-car accident happened on Route 322 around 2:30 a.m., according to Officer Geiger with West Goshen police. The Porsche shot through about 40 yards of trees before it hit the last one and exploded into flames, according to police. The police press release (.PDF) reads, "Preliminary investigation revealed that speed may have been a contributing factor to the accident."

Dunn was known primarily for his dangerous antics and practical jokes in the "Jackass" movies with his long-time friend Bam Margera. He is a member of the CKY Crew with Margera. Dunn also co-hosted a show on the G4 network called "Proving Ground."

The #RIPRyanDunn hashtag was blowing up on Twitter and Ryan Dunn was the top trending topic Monday morning as news of his death spread.

MTV released this statement via Twitter regarding the death of Ryan Dunn:

"We're deeply saddened by the passing of a member of the MTV family, Ryan Dunn. Our hearts and thoughts are with his friends and family."

Ryan Dunn was 34.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I met him a few years ago. we sat and talked about racing for about an hour. he was truly a nice guy. bought mine and my friends food and drinks that night. super guy even though he did some really dumb things. rip
I'm a native of South Carolina. I am a dying breed.

alleged drunk drving (he posted pics of himself & others drinking to twitter earlier in the evening), doing 100+ mph on a backroad (I assume, though it's reported that the car finally stopped 40 yards into the woods where he hit a tree) ... & he took the life of someone else. kinda makes me not so sad for him.

I valeted his car in college. We had a cig together and bs'd for a few minutes. he seemed like a regular guy and he tipped well.
"Striving to better, oft we mar what's well." - Bill Shakespeare - car modder

R.I.P. Dunn!! wtf ,man he was def. a great dude! partied with him in a few spots in philly. he was never too cool for anyone! whats left of the car was pretty sad. be safe everyone , please stop drinking and driving!!!

alleged drunk drving (he posted pics of himself & others drinking to twitter earlier in the evening), doing 100+ mph on a backroad (I assume, though it's reported that the car finally stopped 40 yards into the woods where he hit a tree) ... & he took the life of someone else. kinda makes me not so sad for him.

It's not a backroad, it's a 50 MPH stretch of straight road, which is why people love to speed down it. My house is half a mile from the ramp where the accident was. Over the years, many people have been killed on this road because it is the perfect place to drive your car really fast. I'm sure that it will happen again.

Over the years, many people have been killed on this road because it is the perfect place to drive your car really fast.

http://imageftw.com/uploads/20110620/k154573_nigga%20just%20went%20full%20retard.jpg

It's not a backroad, it's a 50 MPH stretch of straight road, which is why people love to speed down it. My house is half a mile from the ramp where the accident was. Over the years, many people have been killed on this road because it is the perfect place to drive your car really fast. I'm sure that it will happen again.

Justifying it with that line of thinking is another reason why society is as screwed up as it is.

As nice as he was in the end he was nothing more than a drunk driver who killed another person.

Stay Stock Stay Happy

As nice as he was in the end he was nothing more than a drunk driver who killed another person.

this i can get behind. i'm bummed he's gone because he seemed like a genuinely good guy, but that doesn't wash away the poor choices made that ended not only his, but someone else's life as well. i think i'd be more bummed if it were just him that passed...

Justifying it with that line of thinking is another reason why society is as screwed up as it is.

Oh I'm not justifying the behavior. I'm just layin down what goes on here.

If people are speeding down that stretch maybe it's time to place concrete guard rails along it and combine it with a toll booth at each end.

About 1.5 miles down the stretch there is a stop light. I just noticed last week that they installed traffic cameras there. But I've never seen anyone be pulled over on this road and I've lived here since 1989.

I'm Ryan Dunn and this is the Flaming Porsche...

Saw that posted on another site and it made me laugh.

Shitty situation though. He was funny, death sucks, bad decisions, and he killed someone. All I can say is it would have been better if it never happened.

MAYHEM

#122/22 STS NNJR SCCA

AUTOX4U.COM

XENON RETRO GUIDE

Archived