LegacyGT.com

its never ending

Turbo drain hose was bad, working on that find my wastewater is bad and my inlet and the throttle body coolant hose. Finally get it back together last night and now my power steering foamed over and making horrible noise. I didn't touvh anything to do with power steering but did have the nose really high in the air. How the heck did this go bad from sitting for 2 weeks?!

After the PS fluid cools, check the level.

If it's low add fluid to the cool low line, start the engine and trun the steerint wheel lock to lock a few times. Then go to a big parking lot and do some figure 8's at slow spped going lock to lock.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

It's a Subaru, don't ask questions...:)

If your not good about checking the PS level, yea, may be.

Next time your under the car, look at the steering rack, check it for leaks.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Grrr, bled in the air got rid of the noise, have done figure 8's multiple times and still have an inconsistent shuddering, and a lot more bumpsteer? It is drivable but not right, sound like the pump? I don't want to keep throwing money at this thing although I must admit it is more fun to drive without the wastegate issue haha

Go do figure 8's or jack the front up and turn the wheels lock to lock. That's free...mine took a couple days to get all the air out.

Mine was doing the same thing a few weeks ago. I figured the original power steering pump was on the way out. Bought the rebuild PS pump from autozone for about $100 with a lifetime warranty, plus new hose clamp (I replaced O ring about 6 months ago ).

Problem solved.

But even with the new pump, it took a bunch of work to flush out all the air in it.

Jacking up the front, and lots of full turning back and forth finally did the trick.

Archived