LegacyGT.com

Any issues installing XO2 Down pipe??

sashadg1

I'm going to install my XO2 racing DP I purchased about 10/07 and I'm seeing that some people are talking about fitment issues but not very clear as to what batch has issues or how bad the issues are. I can't afford to rip everything out and realize it does not fit. I'm doing this in my garage so limited tools however enough to get the job done. I saw somebody had to do some grinding on the turbo flange. I supose I could handle that but anything else would be out of my leage. Any suggestions

I have 5MT, already have the XO2 CBE installed.

Thanks Scott

Installing a catback is pretty easy so even if it doesn't fit right, it doesn't take long to pull it out.

Make sure you print the picture that whobaru posted showing the orientation of the midpipe in comparison to the stock midpipe.

On mine, the flange between midpipe and y-pipe touch the heatshield when everything is cold. If yours does this (check AFTER everything is bolted up), you might want to pull it out and grind the flanges down a little bit.

I recommend using a flat washer at the downpipe.

Installing a catback is pretty easy so even if it doesn't fit right, it doesn't take long to pull it out.

Make sure you print the picture that whobaru posted showing the orientation of the midpipe in comparison to the stock midpipe.

On mine, the flange between midpipe and y-pipe touch the heatshield when everything is cold. If yours does this (check AFTER everything is bolted up), you might want to pull it out and grind the flanges down a little bit.

I recommend using a flat washer at the downpipe.

I looked for the piks from whobaru and could not find, also when you say flat washers at the DP do you mean instead of Lock washers? On the Turbo flange?

• 1 month later...
i installed the xo2 dp a while back and i had to grind down my uppipe stud a little. it was a hassle taking out and putting back in the uppipe just to make sure the dp cleared it. i also have issues with the dp rattling against the tranny mount. its easy to install. i installed it in my garage with a jack and 2 jack stands.

Archived