LegacyGT.com

Ipr tmic

For those that have installed one. Was it a PITA for you? Today I installed one, and it was a total pain to align it with the turbo, the right-hand side mounting bracket, and the throttle hose. The throttle hose is not sitting as well as I would have liked, but it seems to be holding the boost well. Also, the crimp ring for the bpv could not clear the TMIC. I had to loosen up the bpv to slide on the crimp ring, and then I tightened the bpv bolts

Did it at least clear your clutch fluid reservoir cap ?!

Yes, it was a slight PITA.

Yes it did. I used the rubber washer from the stock TMIC. It was a pretty tight fit, but I managed to shove it in so that the IPR sits higher than the clutch fluid cap.

Yeah, some have raised it up a bit. If you feel it in the clutch pedal it is still hitting as the motor flexes... don't tell anyone, but I just removed the yellow top of the actual black reservoir cap;)

Yes they all are a PITA to install. I have had mine off a number of times since and it goes back in like the stock one did.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Yes they all are a PITA to install. I have had mine off a number of times since and it goes back in like the stock one did.

Maybe because the TMIC is made out of recycled aluminum cans and got stretched out to fit the car? :)

I've given up trying to install mine. I even bought the AVO TB hose that was supposed to make it easier... seams to have made things worse. I've spent hours upon hours trying to get this thing in. Doesn't line up with the support bracket and hits the clutch resevoir.

Anyone have some advice?

I've given up trying to install mine. I even bought the AVO TB hose that was supposed to make it easier... seams to have made things worse. I've spent hours upon hours trying to get this thing in. Doesn't line up with the support bracket and hits the clutch resevoir.

Anyone have some advice?

I let the bolts on the turbo side be loose, so that the TMIC could still be moved. I then had to remove the support bracket from the motor and attach it to the TMIC. Also, I moved the rubber washer from the stock TMIC to the IPR one, it was not a very good fit, but I managed to shove it in. Slowly, I was able to pull the TMIC forward towards the motor and screw in the bolts. Finally, I tightened down the bolts on the turbo side (made sure to have a thermostat gasket and some silicon paste in there).

As far as I can tell, there are no boot leaks (power is the same as before) and there are no weird noises from the clutch reservoir hitting the TMIC.

http://ajwperformance.com/contact/

Give the guy's there a call. I had them install mine. May be they can give you a tip or two.

Don't worry, the AVO and Perrin both have some horror stories about installs too.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/4143ES1KXQL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I used this guy to trim the engine cover. It worked pretty good without making a huge melted plastic mess unlike the cutting wheel. I'll post a pic later on today how it turned out.

IPR was not that bad to install. It's a test of patience the first time or two to get it in. I eventually bought the AVO TB hose and it helped a lot once I figured out the proper orientation (AVO stamp faces outward towards driver's side).

I found it best to use some dish soap the first install to get it over the TB and IC. The second time it didn't require soap. I also shimmed the rear bolt on the bracket with washers to keep it from hitting the clutch master cylinder.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived