LegacyGT.com

what intake system would u recommend?

CypherMax

stock with drop-in filter... keeps heat away and it doesnt heat up like a metal pipe.

Becareful of the MAF sensor housing sizing of aftermarket intakes.. some are built bigger than others (which is what could be showing of the power gains because it's leaning out the motor 'by accident'). You are feeding more air into the system but the MAF sensor and ECU still thinks that the MAF sensor housing is still stock, so everything is still scaled to the stock MAF housing diameter.

Keefe

If you are deadset on a intake, make sure you are Protuned for it;)

Have tried several....most SUCKED!

Here are 3 that work very well

K&N Typhoon

AVO

Blitz

The K&N is by far the least expensive of the 3.

I have the AVO & it is very quiet (As quiet as my Perrin panel filter)

Remember!......If you get one.....get tuned for it!

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

i love my perrin short ram

but if i had to get a new intake system

i'd get k&n typhoon

Perrin BIG maf intake

Perrin Turbo Inlet

HKS SSQV BOV

Megan Racing header with UP (ceramic coated)

HKS DP (WRX)

DMH E-cutout

Custom 3" catback

UTEC

If you are deadset on a intake, make sure you are Protuned for it;)

Have tried several....most SUCKED!

Here are 3 that work very well

K&N Typhoon

AVO

Blitz

The K&N is by far the least expensive of the 3.

I have the AVO & it is very quiet (As quiet as my Perrin panel filter)

Remember!......If you get one.....get tuned for it![/quote]

He hit the nail right on the head, No mention of the AEM though? I thought that was a pretty good one, according to a few other members....of course that is Full CAI's not just drop in filters......I am running the K&N and love it. (Protuned)

For all you running the AEM, when dynotuned you will be just fine! I am tuned with Crucial DP, AEM intake, and 17.5psi. My EGTs are fine (although Im gonna have them double check since its over 110 degrees outside now, and it will be free for any adjustments). They said everything was fine, the a/f was fine, the powercurve is incredibaly smooth, and I had a very nice gain at the dyno. They said CAI's are fine on Subarus, as long as there is no air being pulled in from the hot engine bay. AEM is from the fender.

Another good one is, APS. They make quality products. But its a SRI, so Im a little uneasy about that. Im sure its the correct diameter though. They put some nice R&D into their products.

Oh, and my a/f and EGTs were way screwed when I got tuned. I installed the catless DP the night before, and never boosted on it or drove slightly peppy until i was tuned the next morning. So that could be what really messed up my a/f. I ran the intake for about a month and a half before the tune. It seemed to be ok, but there were some moments the car seemed to lag/stress where it shoudnt have.

We completed a data log on my car this past Tuesday with the AEM, and Invidia up-pipe, the A/F was still running just fine in safe areas. But I will not put my down-pipe on until I have my PP7 which will be tuned for the intake and other parts.

Archived