LegacyGT.com

Installed JDM GT Bilsteins, GT Pinks and JDM rsb today.

pdw

Why.........the........f__k did it not come this way to begin with? Considering the "GT" label on my car and the power, SOA totally screwed the pooch on the stock suspension.

Anyway, what a difference. The ride over bumps is better yet the car is firmer at the same time. It feels like a BMW or Audi with a sport package suspension (not an M3 level though). I took a ride with my wife and 20mo old daughter and my wife's comment was "if feels like your A4 did".

The standard first mod recommendation on here is to replace the RE92's. Yes, they suck but I disagree on them as a first mod. Spend your money on better dampers.

I had JDM GT struts + Pinks and thought they were great but they were a bit stiff for my roads. So, being a genius, I thought I would switch to JDM GT struts + JDM GT springs to slightly soften the ride. All seemed good, sold the Pinks, drove around for a couple more weeks (as they settled it seems) and realized that the ride with the pinks is better and the handling is better. Now I'm looking for replacement springs again. genius.

Congratulations PDW, you are indeed now driving the car Subaru should have sold you in the first place! :)

Indeed and thanks. After driving it for a couple of days, I'm really happy with the change. I think I'd like a little more roll resistance but I should probably leave it alone so my wife doesn't get mad.

Oh, the JDM top hats are WAYYY better also. The steering feels tighter.

SOA? Are you listening? Please give us a Spec B wagon with manual transmission.

I only wish I could have got them installed sooner. The installation was really easy. Much easier than working on my Audi.

What sway bars are you running?

Just JDM GT rsb for now. I have set of Swifts waiting for install.

how much did that set up run you (if you don't mind me asking) and whered you get it from? i'm thinking of doing the same thing with my 2.5i

I have the same question. Also, a few others:

1. Do you have to have an alignment done with this installation?

2. Did this eliminate the "rise and fall" of the car under acceleration / deceleration?

3. Why no front sway?

TIA

how much did that set up run you (if you don't mind me asking) and whered you get it from? i'm thinking of doing the same thing with my 2.5i

I got the Bilsteins with JDM GT springs mounted from Unclemat for about $800. The Pinks came from Rallispec for $390 or so and I got the JDM rsb from them also.

I then sold the JDM springs, stock struts and other stuff. It was expensive but if they had a sport suspension option at the time I bought my car, I would have paid the $1200 or so those usually cost.

I have the same question. Also, a few others:

1. Do you have to have an alignment done with this installation?

2. Did this eliminate the "rise and fall" of the car under acceleration / deceleration?

3. Why no front sway?

TIA

1. Yes. The only alignment spec affected by this is front camber. I tried to get the camber bolt in the same position but an alignment is a good idea anyway.

2. Yes, definitely. It feels much better all around and fixing that porpoising is one of the main benefits.

3. Because adding the JDM rsb gets my car to stock JDM specs and seems to be the common wisdom on a starting point for sway bars. I kind of wish I got a set of Cuscos or Cobbs or whatever but this is fine for now.

If I'm not mistaken; aren't JDM GT Bilsteins basically the USDM Spec B Bilsteins? Because the JDM SPEC B Bilsteins aren't on our USDM Spec B.

Yes, JDM GT Bilsteins == USDM Spec B Bilsteins. The JDM Spec B's are the same physical strut but are valved differently. Personally, I think the JDM GT/US Spec B's are a better choice if you live in an area with not so great roads (Boston, Chicago, etc).

If I lived in FL or someplace with smooth roads, the JDM Spec B's would be a better choice.

If I'm not mistaken; aren't JDM GT Bilsteins basically the USDM Spec B Bilsteins? Because the JDM SPEC B Bilsteins aren't on our USDM Spec B.

JDM GT Rev.C = USDM Specb

JDM GT Rev.A is what pdw has, and they are actually much firmer than Rev.C.

Archived