LegacyGT.com

Install is done!

Deaks2

So that took about 4.5 hours...

I installed a Pioneer DEH-3900 (left over from my RSX-S) in the cubby hole slot using the JDM AVO/Subaru 1-DIN adapter. I had to cut away the rear of the radio box and trim the adapter fascia and metal frame.

I used a Subaru forward harness to plug my Pioneer into the car's harness, and a Subaru rear harness to maintain power to the old stereo/climate control unit.

I also had a Pioneer iPod controller that I installed under the passenger seat, with the iPod dock cable going into the centre arm-rest.

This otherwise mid-range deck puts the stock HU to shame. The EQ options make even the OE speakers sound much better.

Here's an important note, the Metra subaru attenna adapter is too short, if you want to run it up to the cubby hole you need to lengthen it.

• 7 months later...
So what does the OE headunit do now?
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

This is EXACTLY what i want to do, i've looked at most of the other options and as far as i can tell, this is the only one that really makes sense unless you want to go the route of swapping the info panel and spending $$$ on just the parts to move it all around.

where did you get the JDM AVO/Subaru 1-DIN adapter?

After 4+ years with my LGT, I still have yet to install a stereo...

Awesome. You just made me feel a lot better about being 3 years in and still staring at a pile of components in the corner of the living room... Thanks! :lol:

I've been in the Car Audio indusrty for about 13 year now, so there is really no excuse for me, I have access to some of the industry's best stuff and I still haven't taken a weekend or two to put in a nice system.:redface::redface:

Aftermarket stereos are a way of life for me and my close friends.

I've been in the Car Audio indusrty for about 13 year now, so there is really no excuse for me, I have access to some of the industry's best stuff and I still haven't taken a weekend or two to put in a nice system.:redface::redface:

Aftermarket stereos are a way of life for me and my close friends.

So do you have any ideas for your install? I know the 2nd stereo in the cubby gets the job done, but I just have this aversion to having the OEM stereo wasting space.

I wonder if there's a harness to turn the OEM into basically a cd changer that can be added as a component into the rear of a receiver - that would be awesome to be able to install a 2 din navigation and add in the OEM stereo as a changer!

I wonder if there's a harness to turn the OEM into basically a cd changer that can be added as a component into the rear of a receiver - that would be awesome to be able to install a 2 din navigation and add in the OEM stereo as a changer!

I am using my OEM headunit as a 6 disc CD changer.

OEM HU-> 2 channel LOC -> RCA Y split -> 3.5mm jack -> AUX IN on my Kenwood HU. Not only do I listen to the CDs, I play the FM radio through my OEM headunit as well.

So do you have any ideas for your install? I know the 2nd stereo in the cubby gets the job done, but I just have this aversion to having the OEM stereo wasting space.

Ugh...

There is a thread that has a fairly self-explanatory title relating to you question FIVE topics down from this one. Wonder no more. Use the search button.

Ugh...

There is a thread that has a fairly self-explanatory title relating to you question FIVE topics down from this one. Wonder no more. Use the search button.

wow, thanks. first attitude I've received on this forum!

• 8 months later...

Archived